Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2015, 12:52 AM   #1

Gps you have to see it to use it

I am going on a trip this summer will be putting lots of miles on the Vulcan 1700. I just got fed up with the car GPS. I could not see it most of the time because of sunlight glaring on the unit and could not hear it for sure. Was a total waste of time.

I broke down and bought the Garman Zumo 660LM and wow what a difference that makes with total visibility and it hooks up with blue tooth to my Nolan Helmet sound system and gives me the prompts. It does work flawlessly. It is waterproof and fairly shock proof. It will even work with the gloved hand. This is made for the motorcycle crowd. It comes with everything you need mounts, direct wire wiring, car wiring and mount for a car also.

Yea allot of difference in pricing from a car model car model 2597 I had was about 200 bucks and this is well within the 600 range. Allot of difference for sure and why I am writing this is because when I purchase my 2597 last spring I did not know there was a better unit made for motorcycles until I had it quite awhile. I wish someone would have posted a thread so I knew so I thought I would post one and let others know there is a motorcycle GPS unit that is awesome.

Just a thought.

Login or Register to Remove Ads