Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2015, 11:52 AM   #1

Voyager ?

I need to view the drive belt , belt has a ware mark on the back side like something got in there at one point . so I need to expose the rear trans pulley just to verify something isn't wrong or a foreign object stuck in the belt guide . I know I need to remove the outer and inner covers , no big deal but I also have to remove the slave cylinder for the clutch or so the Service Manual states.....for those that have done this ,is there anything I need to look out for removing the slave cylinder ? any advice on this is appreciated. I did take a red paint stick and spin the rear tire holding the paint stick into the ware mark , it doesn't appear anything is contacting at this time but I want to be sure .

I also get a strange buzzing vibration from the rear wheel most heard on the brake side . If I just touch the brake pedal the noise goes away . or if I weave the bike side to side it will stop and start again . I can hear it at 2000rpm but it only appears at that rpm range . I'm think possible brake caliper ....so as much as I hate to I am going to remove the bags and remove the caliper from the bike and ride around the block to see if the noise goes away . I have spun the rear tire on the lift and checked for play in the rear wheel and cant feel or hear anything , but want to rule out a wheel bearing . I've already checked the rear turn signal assembly and tried to snug up the chrome around the tour pack , I've also cleaned the caliper and replaced the pads as well as applied a anti vibration compound to the pad back .... Ive knocked on the exhausts with my hand ....I would think a bad wheel bearing would sound bad all the time and get worse as speed increases ...... or maybe the ware mark on the drive belt and this noise go hand and hand
PCV

Login or Register to Remove Ads