Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2015, 12:49 PM   #1

New to forum and new to Kawasakis

Hi Guys ( and gals more than likely)

Cheers everyone! I have just recently been given and 2002 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad. While the bike was free, there is one serious catch. It has been sitting outside under a cover for over 7 years. Every chrome part is wasted and covered with rust. Brakes were stuck, but finally got them to let go. It is certainly going to take a lot of work to make it pretty again, but hopefully not too much work to make her run again. I am aware of the usual things that will need done such as all new fluids and I have already put marvel mystery oil in the spark plug holes.
I have never owned a Kawasaki before but have had many bikes in my day. I currently own 5 and my wife has 2. Like I mentioned though, never a Kawasaki and never a bagger or large cruiser. I have some questions and plan on taking full advantage of the site and contributing to it what I can. I have been active on a couple other motorcycle forums and have found that the information you can gain is priceless.
I look forward to getting to know some of you and the site as my relationship with my new machine progresses.
2001 Honda Interceptor (Scarlet)
2000 Suzuki TL1000R (Stella)

Login or Register to Remove Ads