Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2015, 08:23 PM   #1

Hot air runs like crap!!

So my CA 2015 Vaquero does not like hot weather at all and coughs and sputters. Done this to me 4 times now everytime the air temp is over 80ish. I have COBRA Tri-Ovals, Dynojet Pcv (mapped) and K&N air filter. Also the O2 sensor has a DynoJet delete (part#7642-3021) AND I completely removed the Pare Valve, Sensor delete, and plugged the lines leading to each cylinder. STILL have chronic decel popping( which if the Pare valve is the guilty culprit for popping, mine should be zero.) The bike did this BEFORE the Pare valve removal and delete. And I used to have a Cobra 2000R on it, thought that was the issue, but NOOO. Service guy thinks maybe gas in Cali. I run Chevron Premium, seems to be worse on Union 76 Premium. I have a Thunder Mfg. air cleaner coming this week, hoping that will do it. Otherwise I guess move the Air Temp Sensor off air cleaner and mount it forward? Geez for a new bike what a bunch of issues! I should have left it stock, but hate quiet pipes. Ugh!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads