Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2015, 08:13 PM   #1

In my quest to make bike handle as best as it can!

Ok so long story on the front wobble. I bought Vaquero with 12000 or so miles and the front end was wobbly so I have torn front end down several times Ive aligned front forks balanced new tire and wheel worked on brake drag new head and wheel bearings changed fork oil and filled with 15wt aligned rear and front as best I can get. Now it handles very well and corners way better and can run for miles hand less if wanted but there is a ever so light vibration in steering with a loose grip. upon checking I found there is a little looseness in front fork tubes so I ordered new upper and lower bushings and seals today and guess what! They are on back order! Hummmm I wonder just wonder LOL I bet this will eliminate all rest of problems I betcha! Yea I'm picky very picky I want it better than perfect. If you've ever rebuilt forks you know the bushings I speak of. I should have ordered them long time ago I knew they were worn because the old fork oil looked metallic but I put it off.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Dieago62; 10-16-2015 at 08:17 PM.