Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2016, 12:43 PM   #11
Advanced Member

To those who have been Ivanized, how are you coping with the 2000 rpm cold idle? When I installed the ECU I was in Florida, and in 60-80F temps I found it manageable as the idle would soon drop to normal within 5 minutes of riding. I live in an RV resort and letting my bike warm up in the driveway at 2000 rpm would be very inconsiderate to my neighbors, so I always ride away immediately after starting the engine.
I'm now back in Ontario, and live in a townhouse with my neighbors even closer so I continue to ride away as soon as the engine starts. Yesterday it was below freezing and blowing snow but I went for a ride anyway, it took upwards of 15 minutes for the idle to settle down. While sitting at a red light the engine would be revving 2000, then down to 1200, then back to 2000 without me touching the hand grip. I was embarrassed, pedestrians I'm sure we're thinking 'why is this idiot revving the shit out of that bike' .
I find the high idle quite annoying, wish it could have been left at the stock 1250 setting. I have replaced my intake air temp sender and my coolant temp sensor so I don't think they are the cause, this started as soon as I installed the ECU. Anyone else have issues with this?

Garry

2009 1700 Voyager KACT, sold at 679,465 kms
2011 1700 Nomad
Improve handling, suspension and tire life
with Garry's Fork Brace.
PM for details.