Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2016, 08:04 AM   #16
Advanced Member

I wonder how many others are experiencing pining that don't have BAK's? 3 instances could be attributed to other variables such as bad fuel or temp as you mentioned. I am wondering how many more have constant pinging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanD View Post
I had the reflash about 3000 miles ago, and my1700 Nomad is otherwise stock except for Ray's throttle mod. I've had thee instances of pinging while accelerating hard in 5th. Two occurred with 93 octane.

I'm still very happy I did the flash, as the bike runs better in many ways. However, it is not perfect. I'm keeping my eye on this. Could be I need a bit more fuel when accelerating really hard when hot.

I will say that the flash generated a LARGE increase in power, even with stock air and pipes. LARGE.

The bike is a little herky jerky after the flash with the throttle mod. I find I need to be very smooth on the throttle (both accelalerating and decelerating) to avoid jerks. If I had to do it again, I might skip the throttle mod given the reflash.

Login or Register to Remove Ads