Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2017, 05:46 PM   #1

Gas tank removal

I have a 2007-1600 nomad and i am planing on removing the gas tank in a few weeks i searched the forum and found a lot of past info on the job so tell me if I'm forgetting something.
1. unclip 2 electrical connections on top of battery.
2. remove chrome cover on speedo and unclip 2 more electrical connections. I believe their is no need to remove the actual speedo just unclip the connections.
3. remove 3 tank bolts, 1 front 2 rear.
4. unclip the main fuel connection the one that you have to squeeze both sides, swear at it a little and wiggle it off.
5. Now this I'm not sure---remove the vent line, i see one at the back of the tank but I'm reading in past posts that their are 2, i only see one at the moment. Is their another on the 1600?
With all vent lines and the main fuel line removed it should lift straight up--correct?
Also most posts say that if fuel is still in the tank it will not empty on my bike but maybe just a few drops. Even though i read it a bunch of times i still have to ask that's an important one.

Login or Register to Remove Ads