Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2019, 05:50 AM   #11

I never thought i would read comments like this in a bike group.It seems there would need to be a total attitude change in America,before it would be safe to do it.Maybe the bloke with the 2x4 in his pickup,would prefer it if he could just shoot anyone who overtakes him.Everywhere else in the world, it's an accepted thing,and drivers are not only aware,but most of them look out for,and help the bikers out where they can.As for the waiting in line like everybody else comment.Dont you overtake a slow truck going uphill,what's the difference ? As long as it's done safely,i dont see why it should be an issue at all.In fact,if it were accepted,more people would see the advantage,and ride bikes themselves.That in turn would ease the congestion for everyone else.Most European cities now have bicycle lanes,and they have proven to do just that.