Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2020, 11:36 PM   #1
Top Contributor

2014 Nomad-wicked buffetting

I'm not sure what I've missed although I'm sure it's something. I've done everything I know to do to stop the horrible buffetting on my Nomad, especially at highway speeds. I've added a set of Airlite crash bar close outs and installed a set of Chucksters large lower deflectors this morning. Still, I get out on the highway and the buffetting seems as bad as ever. I've had the windscreen in the highest position. Not sure if that matters. I lowered it to the lowest position after I got home this afternoon thinking it might lessen the amount of breeze coming in between the windscreen and lowers. I'll try that tomorrow afternoon to see if it makes a difference. If not, I'm at a loss. I like the Nomad but I'm about to trade it off on something if I can't ride it on the highway.

What other things can someone suggest? I can't be the only one who has this issue yet I don't see alot of threads about it so it has to be me.

Thanks.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Login or Register to Remove Ads