Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2023, 11:27 PM   #16
Advanced Member

Getting closer to mounting the Pacifico Shadow fairing onto my VN1600 Classic. Lots of cutting/notching required to fit around the bulbous fuel tank. The more curvy shape of the Yamaha 1100 Star front fender looks much better than the bulky look of the stock Classic fender, especially with the larger diameter Mean Streak front wheel and lower profile radial front tire. I really like how the lines/curves of the Pacifico Shadow fairing compliment the Classic lines. I think they pair very well together. I am planning 4" LED driving lights in place of the big gumpy looking turn signals. I am replacing the rectangular side marker lights with a semi-triangular light from a Smart car. Those, along with the directionals built into the mirror heads will be the turn signals. I'd like to get bronze tinted acrylic to make the windshield but I don't have a big enough oven to heat up the acrylic sheet enough (350 degrees F) to form it to the shape to match the fairing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VN1600 fairing a.jpg (33.1 KB, 15 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by andyvh1959; 08-04-2023 at 12:57 PM.