Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 04-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #1

question for Voyagers and Vaqueros with aux driving lights

question for Voyagers and Vaqueros with aux driving lights:

How is this assembly designed? Is it made in such a way that you could replace the "lens" with a standard 4.5 inch bulb?

For instance, if I wanted to have yellow bulbs, or to install these LED replacements

I know the headlight won't be a direct replacement, but I'm confident I can make that work.
The auxiliary driving lights, however, I don't want to make the investment without a plan.

Since I have a Vaquero, I would have to buy the Kawasaki kit THEN the LED lights. $$$
Thanks!- jay

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
Advanced Member

The Voyager driving lights look like something I've never seen, they are very deep and have a unique mounting bracket built into the housing. They swivel up/down with a screw and wingnut locking down on a slot for aiming. They take an H8 halogen bulb.
You can look at the Voyager parts diagram under Headlights to get an idea, but it looks to me like you'd have to make up a complete mounting system if you want to change style of lens.

Garry

2009 1700 Voyager KACT, sold at 679,465 kms
2011 1700 Nomad
Improve handling, suspension and tire life
with Garry's Fork Brace.
PM for details.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gv550 View Post
The Voyager driving lights look like something I've never seen, they are very deep and have a unique mounting bracket built into the housing. They swivel up/down with a screw and wingnut locking down on a slot for aiming. They take an H8 halogen bulb.
You can look at the Voyager parts diagram under Headlights to get an idea, but it looks to me like you'd have to make up a complete mounting system if you want to change style of lens.
That's what I was afraid of. I saw the diagrams and got concerned

Old 04-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #4

The lights are pretty well one piece as well, I replaced them with LED and did the headlight as well, but it required extensive mods to the housings as they are one piece. You will not be able to go back to the stock ones without buying new components.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220