Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 07-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #1

Speaker info needed

Anyone know if these will work on the Voyager? http://www.crutchfield.ca/ProductDet...PS525&CartID=1 my main concern is the 2 ohm impedance. I don't know what the stock speakers are.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #2

Well measured the impedance on the stock and it looks like they won't work, they are 4 ohm on the stock, so anyone know of a good set of aftermarket that will give better sound than the stock.?
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Old 07-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #3

i put a pair of polk audio DXI525 on my voyager and they sound excellent. They were about $100.00 took about 45 minutes to complete both speakers. Great sound, good price!
VBA #02092
I Love Riding!

Old 07-05-2012, 02:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
Well measured the impedance on the stock and it looks like they won't work, they are 4 ohm on the stock, so anyone know of a good set of aftermarket that will give better sound than the stock.?
In the mid 80's I changed the speakers on the Harley I had. Went to Radio Shack with one of the old speakers and bought a foam suspended poly speaker that was same ohms, but rate at 50 watts instead of the stock 30 watts. Much cheaper then anywhere else. Made a great difference.

When I mounted the covers, I put some thin 1/8 inch thick decorative foam from Walmart over the speaker and under the grill. The bike was burgundy
and the foam was a reddish pink. It keep the dust off the speakers and when it rain (or washed) the foam only got damp like a sponge then the water rolled off so there was no damage to the speakers even if it froze.
VBA #02089

Previous Bikes:
75 Yamaha 175
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
11 Vulcan Vaquero
Harleys:
75 Sportster XLCH
84 Sportster 1000
85 FXRT
79 Low Rider

Old 07-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
i put a pair of polk audio DXI525 on my voyager and they sound excellent. They were about $100.00 took about 45 minutes to complete both speakers. Great sound, good price!
I decided to go with a set of Polk DB521, now I have to wait and see if they sound any better. Just the front for now, if there is a vast improvement, I will do the rear as well.
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
I decided to go with a set of Polk DB521, now I have to wait and see if they sound any better. Just the front for now, if there is a vast improvement, I will do the rear as well.
They may sound a little low on volume with just the head unit running them. They'll sound better though. I have the Polk DXi525s and a Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 amp. Speakers sound great with some power behind them.