Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 04-14-2015, 11:18 AM   #1

Question Need EJK settings please

hello all...
I have gota 2013 vaquero and i have just added v&h twin slash rounds, thunder custom round intake and an dobeck EJK. dobeck says it comes with stage 1 programming in it but im not sure its correct for my set up. It pulls much harder on acceleration and sounds awesome but still seems it could have a little more power and would really like to reduce the backfiring and decel popping.(which i kno is a constant struggle on these)

Was really just hoping someone has similar setup and could offer some advice as to there settings and if not the same than the intake,exh.prog. used.

thanks for the help...

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-14-2015, 11:24 AM   #2

No two bikes are exactly the same. Just play with the settings for the yellow (midrange fuel) and ride it. Experimenting is the only way to get it right for your bike. You can't hurt anything. or you can Email the guys at dobeck. They surely can help you out.

Dave "(dshelly)" Shellenberger
2014 Harley Ultra Classic
2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
Various Bagger Member (Harley Chapter)
VBA # 2395

Old 04-14-2015, 01:00 PM   #3
Advanced Member

I have been trying to eliminate the pop for 4 months. I used the base settings from Dobeck but moved green/blue down to .5 (point 5). This adds fuel right off idle. I only get a pop or two at 2100 rpm with closed throttle going from 3rd to 2nd gear. I checked for exhaust leaks, none found. I have the thunder throttle body gasket installed. No intake leaks apparent. I rode with the EJK velcroed to the tank. I can see the injectors shut off at closed throttle and come back on just below 2100 rpm to maintain idle. This is common in most modern fuel injection systems. I believe at this point that the popping may just be the nature of the beast. It reduced some when I went to 87 octane. And does it more frequent when the bike is running hot from stop and go traffic. I am gonna call Dobeck and see if they can offer any advice.

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:31 PM   #4
Advanced Member

Ok so here is what Brent at Dobeck told me. He said the best course of action would be to keep cruise fuel (green) engaged as long as possible. So set the yellow / blue switch point from base 2.5 up to 4 and reduce yellow fuel from 3.5 to 2.5. He thinks this will help with eliminating popping. We shall see. Going riding tomorrow night. I will report back. This is the first time I really mess around with the yellow / blue setting.

New settings:
Green Blue .5
Yellow Blue 4
Red Blue 3.5

Green 2.5
Yellow 2.5
Red 1.5

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.