Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 06-30-2015, 10:11 PM   #16

Hey Mac, Im a physical therapist, you said you had a broken neck in the past, at what cervical level? C6 controls the area you have mentioned giving you pain. The problem could be anywhere between vertebrae to thumb, from stenosis at vertiebrae, scoliosis, arthritis in shoulder/elbow/wrist/thumb, tight muscles anywhere along the line, even trouble in pelvic region, Find the problem then work on solution. Everything mentioned above treats the symptoms not the cause.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-30-2015, 10:17 PM   #17
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldhthept View Post
Hey Mac, Im a physical therapist, you said you had a broken neck in the past, at what cervical level? C6 controls the area you have mentioned giving you pain. The problem could be anywhere between vertebrae to thumb, from stenosis at vertiebrae, scoliosis, arthritis in shoulder/elbow/wrist/thumb, tight muscles anywhere along the line, even trouble in pelvic region, Find the problem then work on solution. Everything mentioned above treats the symptoms not the cause.
Yup. I had to have c4-6 fused. The problem is the longer it's left untreated, the more likely it will be permanent.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 07-02-2015, 06:05 PM   #18
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac View Post
Both of my hands are wicked arthritic and I can hardly ride 50 miles. That's just to town and back around here. I drop cups, let go of tools when i didn't plan to, and the pain from holding my grips is way over the top now. After a ride like that yesterday to get parts, I couldn't hold a drill motor, and or even hold a beer for hours. I don't do drugs for pain, and need some sort of wrist support gloves to ride with The joints in the hands near the wrist to the top joint in both thumbs is where this hurts, and it stays that way for hours after a real short ride.

I like full finger riding gloves, but have a wrist brace i can't wear with gloves that can help some for just my left hand. Wearing 2 braces, one on each hand might help, but then I can't wear gloves.

Is there any gloves with braces made, or do I have to make these myself ?
Sure am sorry about this!
Have you seen a Rheumatoid Arthritis Dr. ?
I was blowing out my knees doing my construction work by having joints inflamed.
Went to therapy, had new insoles from "POWERSTEP", learned what I could and could not do
trained for simple basic exercise for strength and have been taking "DICLOFENAC SODIUM 100mg tablets" The tablets took little over a week to kick in.

But I sure would get some blood work done, visit a specialized Dr..

Old 07-02-2015, 08:25 PM   #19
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldhthept View Post
Not sure either 5 or 6. It was totally missed at the time I broke it. All the attention was paid to my spleen which I no longer have, and broken ribs that punctured my left lung. Years later i was asked when I broke my neck during assorted other x rays from broken ribs.I can feel the back part of that bone as if there were a golf ball inside my neck on the right, under my ear. Turning my head left makes it more prominent.

I have issues top to bottom and back again. When I get chest x rays the techs can't help but come out laughing and I don't mind. One said my ribs look like a road map, as I have broken them more times than I have ribs. At one point after getting crushed on the job a Doctor wanted to install 3 screws and a cage made of titanium, but at the hearing also mentioned shark cartilage which I think was in it's experimental days, and AIG that govt ins co too big to fail canned the entire surgery and so far i got nada and nothing that comes with nada, so unless I can fix these hands with braces, or a ladder back chair with whiskey and my wife cuts me up with obsidian I am stuck. I am missing disks low Like L 1- 3 .

2 were herniated and one was fragged and that fragged one used to set me on fire. I think now I am just bone on bone as I hear noises all the time and can feel grinding down low.

Not too worried really but with these hands I can't ride.

Tried some MSM and it did nothing. Haven't tried 6 or more alives yet, but 1 Naproxen can help a little while in my lower back. I get these bootleg and free.

I do all sorts of exercises in the AM to just get up straight, and then off I go on what ever it is I have to do. I can deal with most of the pain now, but the hands are semi new, well at this pain level anyway.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 07-02-2015, 08:29 PM   #20
Sr. Contributor

The rest of you guys have more resources than I do by far. I don't do doctors, and deal with these in my own ways. If i told you guys what I live on no one would believe me.

But I have been skinnin' cats a very long time and am used to it.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-02-2015, 11:27 PM   #21
Advanced Member

I used to not do Drs. and still pay out of pocket and have found a Good Dr. whom after he dropped our Insurance because they kept gouging him. He is extremely well versed and listens, that's why I still go to him. The Diclofenac I was on for a year or so (prescription) but let up on and switched to Ibuprofen, and I did not have any side effects listed on the internet.
But Mac if you were injured on job , I sure would get some free legal advice to get the medical attention you deserve. My Wife works with Neck/Spine Drs. and what they can do now even compared to a few years ago is amazing. I've seen their work pain free individuals who suffered for years now comfortable. And several cases of people who could not even stand up straight, just amazing!