Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 08-23-2015, 07:22 PM   #16
Top Contributor

I only had the Cobra Powrpro on my Voyager so I cant compare it to a PCV or anything else. By itself the Powrpro did not show much of an improvement over stock but when coupled with Chucksters BAK the improvements were what I was looking for.

Was it producing as much power as a dyno'd 1700 with a PCV, no, but the power increase and "rideability" was what I was looking for and I was perfectly happy with the Cobra unit.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by redjay; 08-23-2015 at 07:25 PM.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
ABSOLUTELY FORGET about the Cobra unit. The PCV has the ability to allow the user to properly tune the engine. DO NOT believe the Cobra Kool-Aid, that unit is incapable of tuning an engine for whatever mods you have done to it as it has no way to monitor the air fuel ratio by analyzing the exhaust gas, which is the ONLY way to achieve 100% proper tuning.

RACNRAY
Ray I have a 2012 1700 voyager. Can you seen me the throttle mod info? Bleze@windstream.net

Old 08-24-2015, 09:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobelly View Post
Ray I have a 2012 1700 voyager. Can you seen me the throttle mod info? Bleze@windstream.net
Info sent via pm.

THANX

RACNRAY