Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 10-22-2015, 04:13 PM   #16

For what it's worth, the mod is called a 1/5 throttle mod. Most throttles are about 1/4 turn for WOT. The 1/5 mod is something from way back that racers used to do to get a quicker throttle response. You can actually make one with PVC tubing. It makes the diameter larger (but no longer cylindrical) pulling the cable around quicker.

However, in addition to Ray's mod you also get tech support and installation help. No, I don't have Ray's mod, I created my own (which, ironically I haven't even installed yet, lol!). So, if you are a real DIY-kinda guy you can make your own. If you don't want the hassle and want something that's practically plug-n-play then Ray's mod is the way to go. I haven't seen his so it may be a slightly different profile than what I made. All i know is I have never seen a thread on any forum where someone said they regretted spending the money for it!! That alone should tell you something!

For the cost and turn-around time it's hardly worth doing your own. If you send him just the grip it will be returned ready to put back on the bike. And if you can't figure out how to adjust the cables, he'll walk you through it!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-23-2015, 05:50 PM   #17
Advanced Member

I live in Oregon and sent my Kuryakyn iso-grip throttle to Ray in Florida and the total turn around time from the send date to the day it was in my mail box was one week. It was worth it and then some. I sent it off USPS at my local Post office and it was sent back the same way.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #18

Spoke to Ray last week. Wow..a lot of knowledge he has.

I sent my grip off to him today. I cannot wait to test it out after my recall is done.

Thank you Ray!

Old 11-09-2015, 10:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman View Post
Spoke to Ray last week. Wow..a lot of knowledge he has.

I sent my grip off to him today. I cannot wait to test it out after my recall is done.

Thank you Ray!
USPS shows you received the grip, everything ok? Did you get it installed?

THANX
RACNRAY

Old 11-10-2015, 06:48 AM   #20

There is also a DIY Throttle Mod by a member named DUFF real simple looking instructions.

Login or Register to Remove Ads