Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 12-25-2015, 11:34 AM   #1

Air Intake / EJK

Winter mods, installed an air intake and the EJK yesterday, thanks for a heated garage, hovering around -18 yesterday! Question, what have you installed to fill the lower bolt holes on the right cylinder, just added shorter bolts?

I reinstalled the old left side and im looking for something that will fill the gap/hole; I know there are a variety of inserts fabricated by members and manufactures, but I would like to know if there is something that will cover the fuel pump assembly under the fuel tank on the left side similar to the stock set-up?

Merry Christmas to all

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-25-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
Advanced Member

I just went ahead and installed a coupe of hex bolts in those lower right side holes just to keep the dirt out of 'em and make 'em look a bit more natural. A pair of chrome or black button head allen bolts would look okay in there too. I purchased a Thunder engine cover plate (chrome) to take up the void on the left side of the motor....and it fits perfect, looks awesome. A bit spendy, but very high quality. Just go to Thunder's website and look...they have a black one too with a skull etched into it.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Last edited by hlknvlcn60; 12-25-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Old 12-27-2015, 07:50 AM   #3

I had thought of mounting a cowbell there and adding a Siebel electronic air-horn. Fab'ing the bracket should be too difficult.

Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115