Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 01-25-2016, 12:46 AM   #16

http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/motorcycle-gps-mounts/

Take a look at this site. I purchased all my mounts off this site as is and they have various ways to mount and all mounts are either high chrome or black. They are made in America products by a family and are outstanding quality nothing like it on ebay or any other site. I am so pleased with the product high quality and does what I want. I have the drink holder, gps holder with ram mount, and a camera holder for my go pro.

Again I cannot state how well the quality is far exceeds anything else on the market.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-25-2016, 09:49 AM   #17

Again vibration-Vehicle specific?

The first gps used on my voyager was a Garmin automotive type in a plastic cradle. I mounted with the same 4" long Ram arm that worked on my old V Star. It provided lots of adjustment and allowed for easy viewing of the radio. No vibration at all. But.............when mounting the Zumo 660 and Touratech cradle, it shook like a paint shaker! (See previous post for my solution)

Hope the community can provide other proven results for your specific GPS and Vaquero.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:41 AM   #18

I have a Samsung Tab 4 10" tablet mounted in the centre of my bars using a mount and water proof case from armor-x I also have a case for my Samsung Galaxy S5 that uses the same mount for when i am not travelling.
VBA #02668
2014 Voyager ABS
Thunder Mfg Tear-drop breather
V&H Slip on's
Ivanated ECU
Air shocks with compressor and remote
Rear speaker kit
Clarion Amp
6.5" speaker adapters
Polk Audio 6.5" front speaker.
RACNRAY ISO grips with throttle mod.
Bushtek Turbo 2+ trailer
LED Headlight
LED Driving lights
Pulsating break light

Old 01-25-2016, 08:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunky View Post
Morning folks,
Just had my 2015 vaquero delivered. Since its winter, I may not be able to ride, but I can begin doing things to it. Hmmm....that sounded inappropriate.
Anyways, I wish to mount my GPS but am not sure for the best place for it. Either on the reservoir or between the bars. I have been to GPS city site, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I do not want a u shape connection on the bars. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Here is one chrome option: http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ku...s/part/KY-1468
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chrome clamp.jpg (20.3 KB, 1 views)

Old 01-28-2016, 12:25 PM   #20

http://www.gpscity.ca/ram-mount-mini...am-b-272u.html
Hello again.
In looking at a reservoir style mount, I noticed the housing is off set and therefore unable to mount directly.
Going on top is not an option. Too ugly.
I did find a single bolt on style that is the right fit. Just needs one 9mm bolt.
I guess my concern is will I be able to use the stock bolt or does kawasaki have a longer bolt?
Will I be able to find one and where if not able to?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #21

Buy a longer bolt at ace hardware. My ace has a great selection.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"