Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 01-24-2020, 05:35 PM   #1

For 1700's with V&H 2-1 exhaust

Some may remember all the "Frankenprojects" I put my Vaq thru, and it turned out to be a nice little hot rod. One mistake I did make was installing a V&H 2-1 exhaust, as it's baffle design was poopoo and the front exhaust tube hit in the rite hand corners.
The one thing I did not agree with was the large open area after the baffle. Having flow bench experience when any gas flowing thru whatever it's flowing thru has an abrupt change in volume, gas velocity slows down. Not good. The design of the baffle and that open area after the baffle is no doubt a part of the sound V&H was looking for. Not being happy with the performance of this exhaust I designed what is known as a "reverse cone" mounted to the end of the megaphone. The first one as seen in the pics was fabbed from sheet metal and although butt ugly it really helped in throttle response and toned down the sound a bit.
But it was uglier than butt ugly so, as a machinist, I carved one out billet with the exact same inside cone dimensions, machined some neato flutes on the outside and had the piece triple chrome plated.
I dn't know why I never thought to offer this for sale when the V&H came off the skoot, so here it is. It is a worthwhile performance improvement and does mellow out the sound nicely. This thing took me HOURS to make and a few $$ to have chromed, and slips on the end of the pipe with the same 2 screws used to hold the baffle in. It does have some scrape marks on the bottom that are not seen.
$75.00 PLUS THE SHIPPING.
I have included pics a just a few parts of the machining, I had FUN making this piece!!!

THANX
RAY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg END CAP 004.jpg (82.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg END CAP 009.jpg (86.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg NEW END CAP 002.jpg (94.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg NEW END CAP 010.jpg (90.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg NEW END CAP 015.jpg (90.7 KB, 12 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads