Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 07-27-2021, 03:40 PM   #1

Oil leak

My 2004 1500 Nomad developed a small oil leak coming from the gasket on the top of the engine. The mechanic said he would have to remove the engine to replace it. It's a pricey repair. My question is, since it is such a small leak is there a recommended sealant I could add to the motor oil that may stop the problem?

The mechanic told me this is a common problem with the 1500.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-27-2021, 04:05 PM   #2

Oil leak sealants from different mfgs work different ways. Some can definitely damage an motorcycle (or any other engine) and should only be used as a very temporary solution.

I wouldn't recommend any, but if you are determined, you might try Bar's Main Seal Motor Oil Leak Repair. Bar's says it's safe for motorcycles, for what that may be worth.

Old 07-27-2021, 05:20 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernsax View Post
My 2004 1500 Nomad developed a small oil leak coming from the gasket on the top of the engine. The mechanic said he would have to remove the engine to replace it. It's a pricey repair. My question is, since it is such a small leak is there a recommended sealant I could add to the motor oil that may stop the problem?

The mechanic told me this is a common problem with the 1500.
Hopefully someone on the forum will come along and describe how to fix the leak as it a common problem. It is fixed from the outside of the engine, not by adding something to the engine oil.

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...ight=plug+leak