Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-04-2024, 07:49 AM   #1

1500 NOmad Strange Behaviour

Hi Guys:

My bike acted really weird last night. Started right up perfectly. Let it idle for a bit while I got my gear on. When I sat on it it died. I tried re-starting it, took many seconds. Shut if off and got off. I then turned the key hit the start switch, started right away. I then sat on it again and it died. Took the seat off, there was a small crack on the tank over flow I noticed. Took it off , cut it and re-attached it. Bike fired right away. Sat on it this time it ran, gave it some throttle and it almost died. Let it idle for another second, put it in gear and went. In first gear it bucked like crazy! Like it wasn't getting fuel. Got into second and it smoothed out. Went for a out a 30 minute ride. Was fine the entire time. Stopped at a friends place, discussed what was going on, he was no help. Got back on the bike, started right away, drove slowly down his driveway, no problem. Got on the road and again, it hesitated in first gear really badly, then rest of my ride home no issues. I am thinking fuel filter? Other then that I am lost. It is a 2004 Nomad 1500 FI. 51,000kmhs on it. Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-04-2024, 08:24 AM   #2
Top Contributor

It could be the fuel filter which on FI machines is an integral part of the fuel pump. My understanding is that a fuel filter kit can be bought and installed.
Could it be there is a vent on the tank with a kinked hose or a tank cap that is blocked and non venting properly ? With the fuel level low in the tank try the bike with the gas cap open ?

See the link below for a replacement fuel filter ?

https://www.highflowfuel.com/qfs-fue...nt-hfp-382s-u/

Last edited by redjay; 06-04-2024 at 08:30 AM.