Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 07-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #136
Advanced Member

Reckless motorcycle fairings w/KawaNOW discoun

Just wanted to add to this thread that the Long Ride FLH windshield fits into the Reckless pretty darn well. On the bottom outside corners it is a tight fit, it is a bit wider that the 'stock' windshield but just being careful how you align it and it goes in fine. Or you could dremel down those corners of the windshield. Very glad I replaced mine, I hated the one it came with, cheap piece of plastic looking thing that detracted from the overall good looks of the unit. Mine had started to yellow already.

Fast shippers...ordered it at night. They shipped the next day and had it in two days. I went with the 9 inch at just over 6 foot tall. Probably could have gotten an 8 inch with the recurve in it but I didn't want to chance it.

http://www.longrideshields.com/ultra.html

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #137

Can anyone point out where they got their spashguard and headunit? I'm thinking a sony xplod unit for the bluetooth audio so it doesn't need to even hook into the receiver.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #138

bass pro shop for the marine splash gaurd less than $20, head unit off of ebay pioneer HD 250watt receiver with pioneer 450 watt 5 way speakers loud very loud even at 80 mph.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #139

I agree... Go to Bass Pro or Cabella's or your local boating store. They'll have the splash guards there for pretty cheap.

Matt "Mo" Moore
Owasso, Oklahoma
VBA #1250
2005 Nomad 1600 - Darkside

"There is no normal life, there's just life. So get on with it." - Doc Holiday

Old 08-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #140

Ok I got the fairing painted and installed.

I only ran into 2 problems. One of which was corrected instantly by Alex. He sent wrong fairing and brackets. He sent me a new fairing and brackets and sent prepaid shipping sticker for the one I had. Cant beat that kind of service.

The other problem I had was one touched on in a couple other threads briefly. The fairing was off just a bit around the headlight. I fixed this by shimming one side with washers and it squared right up.

Below is a picture of it before shimming.

Also I asked the painter what he thought about the quality of the prep work done to the fairing in regards to smoothness and thickness of the primer.

He gave it a thumbs up on both accounts. Said he was surprised because normally aftermarket parts skim in these areas on unfinished parts.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by canedriver

I only ran into 2 problems. One of which was corrected instantly by Alex. He sent wrong fairing and brackets. He sent me a new fairing and brackets and sent prepaid shipping sticker for the one I had. Cant beat that kind of service.

The other problem I had was one touched on in a couple other threads briefly. The fairing was off just a bit around the headlight. I fixed this by shimming one side with washers and it squared right up.

Also I asked the painter what he thought about the quality of the prep work done to the fairing in regards to smoothness and thickness of the primer.

He gave it a thumbs up on both accounts. Said he was surprised because normally aftermarket parts skim in these areas on unfinished parts.

Looks great Love the Paint.. Yea Alex is a stand up guy,, Do you have the 1500?

Old 08-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #142

Yep it's a 99 1500

Old 08-06-2011, 06:48 AM   #143

Quote:
Yep it's a 99 1500
Your bike looks really good in the pics, It must be the awesome color combo you chose.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 08-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh

Your bike looks really good in the pics, It must be the awesome color combo you chose.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #145

Quote:

Where did you get those lowers from, the stuff on the crash bars? Are those after market?

Old 08-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #146

Those are from JTD cycle parts. They are an aftermarket part available right here on the forum.

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/phpBB3/v...ic.php?t=14897

Old 08-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #147

Thank you

Old 08-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #148

Canedriver, the fairing looks great. I have the 1600 and my fairing originally was offset to the headlight exactly like yours was. Think Alex has an issue in the mold maybe. I tried the shims first and it put so much pressure on the fairing spreading it out that I felt unconfortable with it, so I refabbed my brackets. Had to nearly flatten one side out by 3/16", and offset the other one by an additional 3/16 of an inch. This changed the hole centers in the brackets tweaking the fairing at an angle. so I welded up the holes in one and redrilled them so they both matched keeping the fairing straight. Then I ground the rear edge of the brackets to match the contour of the fork and polished them to a mirror finish. They now look like they are oem. Being a welder fabricator for nearly 40 years makes me a little more picky than others I guess.
Dissapointed in the quality of the shield. Accidentilly dropped it in the garage and it hit on the top edge and cracked. Cant be too good for rocks on the road I'm thinking. So I made a new one out of Lexan poly. The price of the fairing was a good buy tho if you dont mind doing some tweaking and additional work. If I were to do it over again tho I might have gone with the Premeux or Hoppe.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:24 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badnomad View Post
Here are some pics of mine finished and installed:

Are these the PhatRisers? I have ones on my bike that look they are PhatRisers(they came with it) but not sure, but they are too long so the fairing doesn't fit. What size are your risers? I need to buy new ones and want as much height as I can get.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #150

I ordered up my Reckless fairing, shipped out on oct.14..hoping it will be here soon. I ordered the 6" speaker set up with no cut outs. I don't want a sterio. I do plan to come up with some kind of glove box set up. Also I will be installing some gauges. For the gauges I went to my local marine dealer and got some suggestions. Imo. the nicest looking gauges out there are the Faria. Looking forward to this winter for many changes to the bike. Will post pics as they are done