Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > National Rally 2011 - Maggie Valley, NC

Old 04-26-2011, 08:05 PM   #271
Advanced Member

Official Headcount

Aaron Dermid
Debbie Dermid

Will arrive Monday for sure. Might ride up on Sunday to help out if you need the help Amy. Let me know. CYA

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #272

Official Headcount

Sent ya a PM.

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad

Old 04-28-2011, 03:02 AM   #273

Official Headcount

David Pender
70% sure i am bringing a friend (forgive him he still rides a crotch rocket)

Unsure where I am staying. The base hotel shows booked up so will book another hotel in the next few days.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #274
Advanced Member

Official Headcount

I am already on the list to come, but bringing a new Guest (one guest cancelled) on a yellow Gold Wing so +1.

Mike Bryant "CarolinaKid"

2007 Candy Red/Titanium Nomad
VBA # 1203
AMA # 1088875
VROC # 30589
Patriot Guard

Old 05-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #275

Official Headcount

Just a word of caution!!

I had planned on attending the Maggie Valley rally. i contacted the host location, Maggie Valley Inn & conference center for reservations. This was on April 22.

Things changed for me & I cannot make it, So I called to cancel. The Inn informed me I would be charged $10.00 cancellation fee, even though I called today some 7 WEEKS ahead. I understood the 7 DAY cancellation policy,...but 7 WEEKS?!....then I received my C/card statement for this month, & one night of the room had already been charged.
I called to have the charge removed but was informed about the "service" charge. When I protested...they hung up on me.

I know it's only ten dollars but,I am seriously thinking about a possible suit,..it's just not right.

just beware who you are doing business with......

Ron

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #276
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Official Headcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp
Just a word of caution!!

I had planned on attending the Maggie Valley rally. i contacted the host location, Maggie Valley Inn & conference center for reservations. This was on April 22.

Things changed for me & I cannot make it, So I called to cancel. The Inn informed me I would be charged $10.00 cancellation fee, even though I called today some 7 WEEKS ahead. I understood the 7 DAY cancellation policy,...but 7 WEEKS?!....then I received my C/card statement for this month, & one night of the room had already been charged.
I called to have the charge removed but was informed about the "service" charge. When I protested...they hung up on me.

I know it's only ten dollars but,I am seriously thinking about a possible suit,..it's just not right.

Ron
This good to know.
I'm waiting to hear about a health condition that MIGHT stop me from attending the rally. I agree that a weeks notice should be ample time to cancel. I'm sure there are people who would buy the room from you, therefore avoiding the charges of canceling. Perhaps Todd can speak with the owners.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #277
Advanced Member

Official Headcount

I inquired about their cancellation policy when I made our reservations back in October last year. Sharon, at that time, told me that their cancellation policy was: Up to 10 days before arrival, full refund.

Don Denman "JD"
2001 Luminous Vintage Red carbed 1500 Nomad
VBA #376
VROC #6195

Old 05-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #278

Official Headcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp
Just a word of caution!!

Ron
This good to know.
I'm waiting to hear about a health condition that MIGHT stop me from attending the rally. I agree that a weeks notice should be ample time to cancel. I'm sure there are people who would buy the room from you, therefore avoiding the charges of canceling. Perhaps Todd can speak with the owners.
They [the motel] are refunding the room,.but charging me the service fee.

And I just choose not involve anyone else in my battle. Just wanted others to know.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #279

Official Headcount

When I called to make my reservation (quite a while ago) they told me three things:

First that they would charge my card imediately for one day and that would garuntee my room for the 4 days I requested.

Next they told me that if I canceld my resevation in advance (I can't remember for sure but believe it was more than 7 days in advance) that the room charge would be refundable less a service charge.

Finally they said that in the case of a late cancelation (7 days or less?) the 1 day room charge would not be refundable.

So what they are doing seems pretty consistent with what I was told but,,,, I may have talked to one of the more responsible clerks when I called and a less responsible one at a busy time may not have been as clear in comunicating to others what the situation was???
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 05-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #280

Official Headcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by trosco
When I called to make my reservation (quite a while ago) they told me three things:

First that they would charge my card imediately for one day and that would garuntee my room for the 4 days I requested.

Next they told me that if I canceld my resevation in advance (I can't remember for sure but believe it was more than 7 days in advance) that the room charge would be refundable less a service charge.

Finally they said that in the case of a late cancelation (7 days or less?) the 1 day room charge would not be refundable.

So what they are doing seems pretty consistent with what I was told but,,,, I may have talked to one of the more responsible clerks when I called and a less responsible one at a busy time may not have been as clear in comunicating to others what the situation was???
Well, that is close to what I was told.

I was never told it would be an immediate charge, was told of the 7 day limit to cancel,& inside 7 day cancel, one days charge + a service charge.

But was never told of the service charge other wise.

What service? answering the phone twice......geesh!

And they have seven weeks to sell the room.

Ron

Old 05-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #281

Official Headcount

It's $10.
It costs me more than that to fill my Nomad gas tank.
I know, for some, it is the principal of the matter.
But if it were me I would just move on, life is to short.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 05-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #282

Official Headcount

When I booked she did tell me there would be a service charge (can't recall if she mentioned how much) but it seemed ok with me at the time.
KawaNOW #01650
Bell City Riders #21
SCRC 329
2010 Nomad (The Beast)

Previous Bikes
2008 - 900 Vulcan Classic
1958 HD HydraGlide

Old 05-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #283

Official Headcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat (TC)
It's $10.
It costs me more than that to fill my Nomad gas tank.
I know, for some, it is the principal of the matter.
But if it were me I would just move on, life is to short.
I likely will Topcat,.and you're correct. But it is the principal. Businesses should not be allowed to get by with that crap. Small business complains all the time as it is,that it's hard to make a buck. Well if I went down there in the future?....I wouldn't stay in the Presidents suite for a penny!
And i will let others know.

Ron

Old 05-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #284
Top Contributor

Official Headcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by trosco

This was my understanding when I made the reservations as well. I knew it going in and knew it was a $10 bet in case I had to cancel.

Can't speak to whether they told you or not rp, but that is their policy as explained to me and seems several others.

Sorry for the mix up...I have met these folks personally a couple times and they are as nice as they can be.

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #285
Mega-Contributor

Official Headcount

Wow, talking about a lawsuit over $10. Come on, it'll cost you more than that to file a small claims case, and there's no guarantee you'll win. You might be out $25-$50 if that happens. What will you do then, go to the Supreme Court?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17