Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #16
VBA Founder

Saddlebag chaps for the Nomad...PICS

Haven't gotten Ruby Earl back from the shop. Getting front and rear tires put on as well as rear oil change, new coolant and inspection. They didn't have her ready Saturday and they're closed Sunday and Monday. Should get her back tomorrow (Tuesday). I'll slip them on tomorrow evening and get a pic on here for you guys. Just from first glance, I'd say they're very nice chaps.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #17
Advanced Member

I am looking forward to seeing them and to here how they hold up after you get some ride time on them. I hope they work out cause I like the idea of having some small item storage on the outside of the bags.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:28 AM   #18
VBA Founder

Have you ever known ME to be stingy with pics???
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 07-31-2007, 06:36 AM   #19
VBA Founder

Yeah....Jefe frequents here more than he wants anyone to know. I think he saw it coming. LOL. I laughed when I read it.

BTW, yes, I do plan on breaking the vest in on the Abilene trip. I'll try and get some pics of it when I take the saddlebag chap pics.
Trip's Website

Old 07-31-2007, 02:16 PM   #20
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Quote:
[quote:ndir75cy]Haven't gotten Ruby Earl back from the shop. Getting front and rear tires put on as well as rear oil change, new coolant and inspection. They didn't have her ready Saturday and they're closed Sunday and Monday. Should get her back tomorrow (Tuesday). I'll slip them on tomorrow evening and get a pic on here for you guys. Just from first glance, I'd say they're very nice chaps.
OK, I'll cut you some slack then. I was starting to think you were just being stingy with the pics.[/quote:ndir75cy]

Hold on a second GH, Let me tighten up that "slack" some. Hey Trip, whats a shop doing simple maintenance like rear oil chance COOLANT? no less on your pride and joy?!! Your suppose to be a grease monkey like the rest of us!!! LOL

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-31-2007, 04:16 PM   #21
Advanced Member

Trip, I am just to cheap to let someone change the oil and stuff but I understand if the bikes going to be there let them do it.

I know of a few folks who also break down there own tires and us an old bubble tire balancer, NOT me I do not even take them off the bike I let them do it.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:54 PM   #22
Advanced Member

GH, To many years being a wrench the hands just do not work like they used to, that is why I became a Training Device Engineer.
That being said I still work on my cars and bike to some extent. I no longer rebuild transmissions and engines just to hard on the hands.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:19 PM   #23

I go to the shop to have my tire pressure checked lol Everything I touch......... breaks.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:45 PM   #24
VBA Founder

<<<Your suppose to be a grease monkey like the rest of us!!! LOL >>>

Well, call me a wimp if you want...you won't hurt my feelings.

Here's the whole story:
The first week in October, I'm leaving with two other guys to ride to Kanab, Utah and back (3500 miles). My Metzlers probably would have made it, but I didn't want to take any chances having to get new tires on the road, so I had new front and back Metz's put on and kept the old ones.

When this new set wears out, I'll have the old set put back on and get a little more mileage out of them. My bike has just over 20,000 miles on it, so while it was in the shop, I asked them to change the radiator coolant and rear gear oil. BTW, you guys might not be skeered of taking your tank off, but I am. That's what you have to do to change out the coolant.

I have a motorcycle shop here in Tyler, TX (not a stealer) called Scooter Pete's that has some excellent mechanics. When it was all done, I paid 400.00 for the front and rear tires, mounted and balanced and 165.00 to have the fluids changed.

And, believe it or not, I'm not THAT much of a wimp...I do my own oil and filter change.

Trip
Trip's Website

Old 07-31-2007, 08:09 PM   #25
Advanced Member

LOL Trip we are just ribbing ya. I have had that tank of before and it has a lot of crap attached to it.

Question did you ever have a vibration from your front tire (ME 880) when you went over 85mph?

Mine has developed one it used to be at 100mph but now is at 85mph I am thinking it is getting out of balance.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:26 PM   #26

I love working on mine but I get the services done profesionaly just to make sure everything is good,I tend to ride quite hard therefore like to know everthing is good and safe.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:31 PM   #27
VBA Founder

<<<LOL Trip we are just ribbing ya. I have had that tank of before and it has a lot of crap attached to it. Question did you ever have a vibration from your front tire (ME 880) when you went over 85mph?Mine has developed one it used to be at 100mph but now is at 85mph I am thinking it is getting out of balance. >>>

LOL....I love making you guys feel guilty....LOL.

I've never had a tire out of balance on a bike. On a cage yes....but not on a bike. I'd say you need to get your front wheel rebalanced bluetongue.
Trip's Website

Old 07-31-2007, 09:34 PM   #28
VBA Founder

Got the bike back today and was able to get the saddlechaps on this evening. Here are some pics. I must say I'm rather impressed with the quaility. They go on really snug and seem to naturally adhere and stay on the bag. But, I haven't ridden anywhere yet. Time will tell. I'd give 'em a thumbs up.

Trip's Website

Old 08-01-2007, 05:28 AM   #29
Advanced Member

They look good and the extra storage for small stuff is a plus.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:42 AM   #30
VBA Founder

Yeah, I knew Mr. "I-don't-wash-my-bike-because-it-might-cause-it-to-rain" would pick up on that. I was ashamed to ride it home from the shop. Kept wondering if the "filthy" police were going to follow me.

Trip's Website