Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 08-15-2015, 12:20 PM   #16
Advanced Member

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll probably get the Cobras. I see that the billet tipped ones are about $70 more than the slash cut ends. This supplier looks to have pretty good prices and free shipping.

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/ex...1_88_4935.html

Top Cat, I suspect that you're a bit of a trouble maker up there in NY. I believe if I lived there or in California, a once great place to live, I'd also take every opportunity to irritate folks. With that said, several years ago I spent 4 days riding the Adirondacks and loved it. It was like stepping back into time.

Edit. Just checked ebay and several vendors beat West End Motorsports by quite a bit.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Navigator; 08-15-2015 at 12:23 PM.

Old 08-15-2015, 02:27 PM   #17

I personally love my Vance & Hines duals. Straight out of the box, they are loud, but you can remove the baffles and do simple modifications and make them sound almost any way you like. I added a 1/16th by 1" wide plate in the middle of my baffles, took 30 minutes, and quieted them down to a deep rumble. They sound great and I don't get a headache when I go for a ride. The bikes performance is amazing with this setup. My neighbor thought I had bought a Harley. Nope just changed exhaust I said.

Barry
2006 Vulcan Nomad 1600
2008 Vulcan 900 LT (sold)
Trinity, Al.
Roll Tide

Old 08-15-2015, 02:31 PM   #18

By the way, I paid $496.00 delivered to my door. Found them on eBay up in Michigan from a reputable supplier. Arrived at my house in 3 days. Perfect condition.

Barry
2006 Vulcan Nomad 1600
Trinity, Al.
Roll Tide

Old 08-15-2015, 03:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
Top Cat, I suspect that you're a bit of a trouble maker up there in NY. I believe if I lived there or in California, a once great place to live, I'd also take every opportunity to irritate folks. With that said, several years ago I spent 4 days riding the Adirondacks and loved it. It was like stepping back into time.

trouble maker irritate folks
All I do is tell it like it is. If we keep running loud pipes, sooner than later the public will get upset that they have to listen to motorcycles blasting by while they try to enjoy a peaceful meal on their deck.
Then they start contacting their lawmakers asking them to do something about it.
Guess what happens then. New decimal laws. You will only be able to run stock pipes. Maybe even be banned from certain roads in tourist communities.
OK, off the soapbox now.
The Adirondacks are a very scenic place. Cindy and I ride there quite often. The Catskills and the Finger Lakes are also very pretty places to ride As far as I can see that is about the only thing NY State has going for it
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 08-15-2015, 03:39 PM   #20

I am under contract to test vehicle security systems in underground parking lots.

Hammer aka CrocHammer
KawaNow#00988, VROC#26389, VR#2202
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
2006 Black Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #21
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
trouble maker irritate folks
All I do is tell it like it is. If we keep running loud pipes, sooner than later the public will get upset that they have to listen to motorcycles blasting by while they try to enjoy a peaceful meal on their deck.
Then they start contacting their lawmakers asking them to do something about it.
Guess what happens then. New decimal laws. You will only be able to run stock pipes. Maybe even be banned from certain roads in tourist communities.
OK, off the soapbox now.
The Adirondacks are a very scenic place. Cindy and I ride there quite often. The Catskills and the Finger Lakes are also very pretty places to ride As far as I can see that is about the only thing NY State has going for it
I hope you know I was just ribbing you a bit Tim.

The California Air Resources Board prohibits exhaust modifications after certain years and I believe they fined Vance & Hines a couple years back. CARB pretty much does what it wants and now the same nonsense is coming to Washington state.

Last edited by Navigator; 08-16-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Old 08-16-2015, 08:59 AM   #22
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearbait53 View Post
I personally love my Vance & Hines duals. Straight out of the box, they are loud, but you can remove the baffles and do simple modifications and make them sound almost any way you like. I added a 1/16th by 1" wide plate in the middle of my baffles, took 30 minutes, and quieted them down to a deep rumble. They sound great and I don't get a headache when I go for a ride. The bikes performance is amazing with this setup. My neighbor thought I had bought a Harley. Nope just changed exhaust I said.
So you just changed the exhaust but not do any intake mod nor add a controller? And did you get your exhaust from Rider's Depot in Michigan. That's the ebay vendor that has the Cobras.

Old 08-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #23

Quote:
So you just changed the exhaust but not do any intake mod nor add a controller? And did you get your exhaust from Rider's Depot in Michigan. That's the ebay vendor that has the Cobras.
I think they came from MC Powersports in Michigan. Bought them during the Winter season, so I got them at a discount. The bike has a Cobra FI2000 on it, but I have it set at 1-1.5-0. Which means it is barely doing anything to the fuel mixture. I doubt you would need one if you use the stock air intake. My air is completely stock and I doubt I will change it.

Barry
2006 Vulcan Nomad 1600
Trinity, Al.
Roll Tide

Old 08-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #24

Quote:
I hope you know I was just ribbing you a bit Tim.
Well yeah Mike, I get enough ribbing on here to know when someone is serious but when I get an opening to vent about loud pipes, gun control etc, I can't help myself
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]