Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-07-2015, 10:19 PM   #16
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonik View Post
We are getting it because of the new types of tires that are out. They are dual compound, soft on the sides and edges....hard in the middle. Mich Commander II's. Dunlop Elite III's and the Metz 888's are the three I know of that have this new tech.
As stated, I'm running the Commander II's also. Just can't get much past 10k on a rear tire. Also, I don't slow much for curves. I just lay her over and scrape. New set in the boxes now in the garage waiting to be mounted.

Patriot Guard Riders
Sons Of Liberty Riders Alabama Road Captain
2015 Voyager
2003 1500 NOMAD FI sold 6/19
VBA #2993
RUSSELL DAYLONG SEATS ROCK!!
DAMMIT TOOL:
Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling "DAMMIT" at the top of your lungs

There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.

SO MANY ROADS,
SO LITTLE TIME.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-07-2015, 10:25 PM   #17
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recumbentbob View Post
Run 40 psi front &rear and use Dynabeads.
I run the 130/90/16 MC II on the front at 32# cause of the way I ride the backroads. 130 corners better than the 150 to me. Pressure higher will put you in ditch here cause the front won't stick when the bike is layed over pretty good. Front is wearing even side wall to side wall.

Patriot Guard Riders
Sons Of Liberty Riders Alabama Road Captain
2015 Voyager
2003 1500 NOMAD FI sold 6/19
VBA #2993
RUSSELL DAYLONG SEATS ROCK!!
DAMMIT TOOL:
Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling "DAMMIT" at the top of your lungs

There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.

SO MANY ROADS,
SO LITTLE TIME.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:52 AM   #18

I have the MC II's front and back on the 1600 Nomad. They still have lots of tread. I bought my Vaquero a little over a year ago and it had a fairly new Elite 3 on the rear when I got it. I wanted to see the difference between the MC II' and the Elites, so when I needed a new front tire, I put an Elite 3 on to match the rear tire. I have put a little more than 9k miles on the bike and the rear tire still looks like it might have another 9k left. Don't know, but we will see. The front is wearing well too. I run 38-40 psi in front and 40 psi in rear. I almost always run the secondary roads rather than interstate and because I live in AR, we have lots of curvy roads.
VBA #01416
2012 Vaquero SE Candy-Lime Green/Black
aka "T'Kehla"
2005 Nomad 1600 Black/Silver
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

"Life isn't a race; no one gets out alive. May as well slow down and enjoy the ride."

Old 10-08-2015, 09:18 AM   #19
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
I wanted to see the difference between the MC II' and the Elites.
Woohoo, I finally found someone that has run both. Wear aside, what about performance...grip, comfort and in the rain?

I am thinking of switching to the Elites next time also. If history is correct a radial should perform a bit better.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:13 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonik View Post
Woohoo, I finally found someone that has run both. Wear aside, what about performance...grip, comfort and in the rain?

I am thinking of switching to the Elites next time also. If history is correct a radial should perform a bit better.
So far, I like the tires. I don't "RIDE HARD" like some people do, but I still enjoy my twisted roads. I have scrapped the floorboards once or twice, although I prefer not to. The Elites handle nicely and seem to do fine in the rain. I've put about 4k miles on the front tire and it is wearing well. At this point, I haven't noticed a big difference in handling between the MC II's and the Elite 3's, both are great tires. Now it is about how they wear. I hope that helps.
VBA #01416
aka "T'Kehla"
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

"Life isn't a race; no one gets out alive. May as well slow down and enjoy the ride."

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-11-2015, 12:47 PM   #21
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
I had E3 Elites on my bike and got 11K out of them before showing extreme signs of cupping. I'm at 19K with Commander II's and have a new front/rear set sitting in my living room ready to go on. Half my riding is fully loaded and a passenger.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 10-11-2015, 11:08 PM   #22

I haven't seen any cupping yet in the Elites. If I do, just means I will go with the MC II's on the Vaq like on the Nomad. lol
VBA #01416
aka "T'Kehla"
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

Old 10-15-2015, 11:06 AM   #23
Advanced Member

I have Commander IIs on my ride and love them. They stick like glue and ride smooth and really stick down hard on wet pavement. I expect to get twice the mileage over the Excedra Max tires that just came off.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.