Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 08-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #16

A record to be proud of...

You're my write-in candidate!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #17

Laptop has taken a dive on me. Rough roads probably busted a solder on a board :-( Working on iPhone so forgive any typos.

1 - We need to regulate wall street. We no longer speculate on companies but on nations. They are literally bought and sold in minutes. If you have enough money and some do you can short a currency and crash it.

2 - stop supporting local and state economies that essentially double dip. Why are we subsidizing sports teams stadiums? I am a HUGE sports fan but it's ridiculous for local and state economies to foot the bill for hundred million dollar stadiums and then accept money from the federal government for anything. The money should have gone to true bills first.

3 - stop subsidizing insurance companies and losing tax revenues. Workers compensation insurance pays injured workers 66% of wages. This is tax free. Why is the insurance company not paying that difference into taxes. If not this then pay the worker 100% and let them continue to be taxed. This is lost money and it does add up.

4 - reduce the size of the military. Our military is sill based upon cold war numbers. We don't need the size we have. I am prior military before you call m a military hater.

5 - welfare to work. Sorry but nothing is free. Put them to work picking up trash on roadways, planting trees, cleaning parks, etc.

6 - social programs (this will piss people off)

Social security. Raise the minimum age, it was never meant to pay out as ling as it pays to a lot of workers.

Welfare, wic, etc. Stop the baby factory credits. If you have more then 2 kids while on these programs your getting fixed. Plain and simple. God said go worth and reproduce, not go forth and let me support them.

7 - stop the tax havens of the church. They should have to file a 990 form like every other non profit. This is a HUGE amount of lost yearly revenue.

8 - national lottery. Easy money for the Feds.

9 - stop selling the future. States constantly ban together and do class action lawsuits to supposedly protect the financial future of it's state (tobacco, asbestos, etc) they then sell the structured payments for pennies on the dollar for short term fixes.

10 - stop the failed drug war or put teeth into your efforts. Want to effectively wage war? Catch a trafficker give them the death penalty.

11 - death penalty for rapists, child molesters, and any other crimes that carry life sentences.

12 - on all death penalty cases that involve DNA evidence a d that evidence is conclusive put a time limit of say 3-5 years on appeals. Why the hell are we giving them 3 hots and a cot for 10-20 years?

13 - bring back the chain gangs.

14 - mandatory birth control for teens. You choose not to for religious reasons then let that tax free church support you and your child.

15 - stop the protection money paid to regimes. This includes north Korea and Pakistan. Uh oh going to need a bigger military?

16 - Starting in 18 years (current citizens can't bitch) every man and woman owes 4 years to the country. This can be served at local level. Military service counts as double so you only need to serve 2. This creates local and federal work forces which keeps our infrastructure in top shape. This is sort of what Israel has. No key short of mental illness would be exempt. Even a person in a wheel chair is productive. Not all jobs are physical.

17 - stop the madness of subsidizing indians or african Americans for something that happened 200 years ago. Sorry you want money then dig up your great great great great great great grand daddy and let him tell me himself.

18 - Term limits.

19 - congress will make no law that holds them above the American people. No special medical, retirement, etc

20 - pull the money out of politics. Stop corporate donations.

21 - stop the ethanol subsidies. It's bad for engines and raises food prices. Put the money into hydrogen. The technology works.

22 - Stop subsidizing drug companies. Why does a med cost $8 each here but only .45 cents overseas? These companies are given protection in the form of patents and then absolutely rape the citizens in pricing.

23 my personal pet peeve. Stop subsidizing any company who is making a profit. Business taxes are on profit not revenue. Some will say then the company would never be profitable. Ok to not be profitable then they either need to shut down due to lack if demand or they are going to expand operations in the form of hiring to increase costs to keep the subsidies. Really do we need to keep subsidizing companies that continue to break records in terms of profits.

24 - Flat tax, fair tax, national sales tax etc. Plenty of ways to do it but we need to do something where everyone pays. This includes social program recipients.

There is a lot more but this is a start.

My issue isn't rather you agree or disagree with me or Obama or Bush. My issue is blind faith in one political party because you think they hold all the answers. No one party holds all the answers. At one time a people thought a single party held all the answers. We lost boys at Normandy proving them wrong!!!

Feel free to rip the ideas apart. I am realistic enough to know not all would work.

Headed to the General Tommy Franks Museum in Hobart tomorrow.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:25 AM   #18
Sr. Contributor

I hope you enjoy the museum. Have agreat time.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 08-16-2011, 06:35 AM   #19
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
You're my write-in candidate!
My chances would be slim as a write-in, I plan on being on the ballot. I'm still thinking of a party name. Maybe you all could help.
Thinking about my platform and promises.
Beer Fest Parties every Friday at noon
Beer of the Month Club
Hops Wrestling open to all
Stumbling Poker Runs

Old 08-16-2011, 08:10 AM   #20

Canedriver, I agree with most of your ideas. I don't understand why you would defend Obama when obviously he is accomplishing none of these things. IMO it doesn't matter if the president is purple and from the Klingon party, as long as he/she is making a positive difference in the direction our country. I'll be looking for you on the ballot lol.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #21

It is isn't the man I am defending. It is the position. I defended Bush as well. It accomplishes nothing to undermine the President.

Told you guys I am independent. LOL hell some of those ideas are even to far right for the republicans.

I absolutely believe in social programs I think that's where I get labeled a liberal. I just think they can be managed better.

One of the many things I didn't put on there is welcome to America. Short of a learn English class nothing should be printed or given in any language other then English. No I do not want to press 1 for English, it shouldn't be an option.

On a lighter note. I was the comic relief for a small Texan town last night. I am looking at a menu in a BBQ joint and asked the waitress what hell are calf fries? Well excuse me for not knowing the name of bull testicles. I have always heard them referred to as rocky mountain oysters. Her reaction to me not knowing was freaking hilarious. I asked her based on her reaction if she hadn't been asked that before. She informed me I was the first visitor she had served in her 3 years of waitressing. Damn that's a seriously backwoods town if people never stop. Although she was cute enough I may have to stop again :-)

Old 08-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #22
Sr. Contributor

If it involves an animal on the menu, and you've never heard of it.... There's a reason. ;)

Old 08-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #23

+1 on English only. Have fun, be safe on your ride.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #24

My issue isn't rather you agree or disagree with me or Obama or Bush. My issue is blind faith in one political party because you think they hold all the answers. No one party holds all the answers.

+1

The only thing I have blind faith in is me. Sometimes that gets shaky too. ;)

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Old 08-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #25
Advanced Member

I liked your ideas, Canedriver. They are plain old common sense. They would work, if people would actually apply them.

And the only people we should have faith/confidence in are those that give a good reason for us doing so. We just don't see this in the modern political landscape. And frankly, the only person I have total faith/trust/confidence in is Jesus Christ. And that is not a blind faith, but an informed faith.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #26

Send a message via Skype™ to wompus

Canedriver.. you have GOT to be a Democrap!
Who else would think like that!??

Mike "WOMPUS' Nieznany
1999 Nomad "Fronkensteen"
Viet Nam Vet 68-69-70
KawaNOW #00577
I'm sarcastic and have a smart ass attitude. It's a natural defense against DRAMA, BULLSHIT & STUPIDITY!!

Old 08-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOMPUS
Canedriver.. you have GOT to be a Democrap!
Who else would think like that!??

Which part makes me a democrat? The part where I think we should limit the baby factories on social programs? The tax part? The part where I am willing to implement electric bleachers as a form of capital punishment for even life sentences? Which one wompus?

That's the problem with the certain people. They see anything they don't like and start throwing labels around. Already told you I am an independent. Sure some of my ideas Re liberal but some are also very conservative.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:32 AM   #28
Sr. Contributor

Cane, If you want to run for the presidency, I'll drop out of that race and run for VP. You know the president of the Beer Party. [Not the Senate, those people suck]. What say you?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer
Cane, If you want to run for the presidency, I'll drop out of that race and run for VP. You know the president of the Beer Party. [Not the Senate, those people suck]. What say you?
Sorry but my candidates Captain Morgan and Johnny Walker are running and have my vote. :-) lol see just like my politics, I like my drinks mixed to