Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 01-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #16

Gabrielle Giffords... the motorcyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadtom69
If all the laws concerning those who can legally and licensed to carry a firearm would allow the good Samaritan law (like in Tennessee) maybe a legal packing person could have put a end to it before that many got shot
In Louisiana, being an open carry or licensed concealed carry state, anyone present while a crime as such is being committed and legally packing could have shot this guy dead and would not have faced any charges. I'm sure the same goes for Arizona.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #17
Mega-Contributor

I was in my garage yesterday, polishing the Nomad and listening to one of many news conferences on the radio since Saturday. The Pima County Sheriff said "back in the 1960's, when I was a beat cop, mentally unstable people were locked up so they weren't a threat to the public. Nowadays, they walk among us."

This suspect was trouble just waiting to happen, and as with the Columbine and the VA Tech shooters, everyone ignored the warning signs. One girl who was in a college class with the shooter said "I thought he was the kind of guy you see on the news."

VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 01-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #18

I pray for all the victims. I admit to especially being sickened over the little girl.

I understand Rep. Gabriel Giffords was also a "Blue Dog" Democrat, a supporter of health care, and gun rights. Good for her.

Idealy, someone would have been armed and stopped the violence sooner.

With so many senseless dead and wounded, and so many witnesses, it would seem the killer will lose the rest of his rights very soon.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #19
Mega-Contributor

In AZ, you don't need a permit to carry, even concealed. I am surprised nobody was packing. Although I think the crowd was mostly senior citizens.

There are a lot of armed folks in Arizona, this is the wild west, you know.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 01-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NriderUSA
The liberals again show their ignorance to facts by again showing they have to have an enemy or they have no power.
1 person out the entire US population pulls a stunt because he is nuts... this equates to an opportunity to push he was a white guy so all whites guys are now involved...he was a christian so now all christians were involved... he has a "legal" gun so now all legal gun owners are part of it...... it is truly sad that the liberals have to turn a sad and tragic moment into another attempt to sway some to the "enemy is out to get us" AGAIN!!!
Still wonder why they dont put that much effort into the lefties who commit crimes as a matter of fact they push the "Dont jump to conclusions" button in their defense.....

Of course this is just my Humbler opinion...... and I feel for the family of those that were killed by this nut whether he was a member of the Obama Fan club or not is irrelevant.
It all boilds down to "Never waste a crisis.".

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #21
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

I watched several people interviewed yesterday that said they were packing and their reason for not pulling was abiguous to me. Once they tackled him they thought it was over. I'd like to see how many shots and how long it took before he was finally taken down. With are the carnage of 6 people dying and lots injured you'd think someone would have taken him down that was packing. Maybe people that pack feel like they have balls or something? Sounds like a lot of "I just froze" syndrome...

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 01-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #22

or in a crowded situation they were afraid to hit a bystander

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16

Old 01-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #23
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
I watched several people interviewed yesterday that said they were packing and their reason for not pulling was abiguous to me. Once they tackled him they thought it was over. I'd like to see how many shots and how long it took before he was finally taken down. With are the carnage of 6 people dying and lots injured you'd think someone would have taken him down that was packing. Maybe people that pack feel like they have balls or something? Sounds like a lot of "I just froze" syndrome...
The FBI (I think) said he had 2 31-round magazines and 2 15-round magazines in his possession. That's 92 rounds. He could have done a lot more damage. So he emptied the first mag and it was when he stopped to reload that they took him down. From the sound of eyewitness reports, he was just walking along, firing at people.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Old 01-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #24

While getting the tires rotated on the Suburban this afternoon, I was watching a program detailing the 18 deadliest shootings in the US. The different massacres dated back to the early 60's. All of the shooters have the same M/O. They just calmly and indiscriminately shoot whoever happens to be in front of them. Reload and start shooting again. My wife has asked me a few times why I carry everywhere I go. I've always told her that today you can be anywhere. In the supermarket, Wal Mart, in a restaurant, Church, convenience store, etc. You never know where one of these lunatics will strike. I asked her yesterday if this answered her question of why. I think she understands now.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 01-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #25

According to multiple witnesses, the shooter shot somewhere around 20+ rounds all at once within seconds... not minutes.

Most of those having weapons said it happened far too fast for them to return fire. By then the shooter was down.

So... by then the individuals with guns rather just joined-in on tackling him and then trying to tend to victims.

All in all... I wouldn't have expected anyone to have pulled a gun to start returning fire in this scenario. There were far too many people in the area, and everything was happening fast.

I'll bet anyone though that if this would have lasted a bit longer... someone would have eventually put a cap in HIS head -- which would have been just fine by me.

Regarding the BS press and other mamby-pamby idiots turning this into something it isn't... well... consider the sources and quit buying the products that advertise on their shows.

...and the government had better keep on point to the problems of this nation.

Just saying... ;)

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 01-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadtom69
If all the laws concerning those who can legally and licensed to carry a firearm would allow the good Samaritan law (like in Tennessee) maybe a legal packing person could have put a end to it before that many got shot
Thats whaty I was thinking, where were all the other gun toters when this was happening?

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #27
Sr. Contributor

The jacka$$ from the westboro church says they will protest the little girl and two others funerals from the tragedy. They need more press?
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer
The jacka$$ from the westboro church says they will protest the little girl and two others funerals from the tragedy. They need more press?
That's a bunch of B.S. These poor people have been enough tragedy and don't need morons like this. Their actions are almost as bad as the shooter. I believe in free speech, but this shouldn't be aloud.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #29

Quote:
Those idiots are not going to get close to the funeral... I promise.

There is already a complete out-pouring of supporters that have every intention of lining all avenues near this girl's funeral. I suspect there will be thousands lining the route of the procession. This "idiot" group won't have a chance in hell getting near it.

One last thought... these idiots do not choose their battles very well.

Here we are in a state (AZ) that allows people to carry weapons, and the press is already all-over "idiot nut-jobs". How do these people plan on winning this specific battle? Talk about "nut-jobs"! These people can't even figure out where their non-sensical protests would be most effective. (Not that there ever is any situation where it would make sense.)

I would think that this funeral (if they show up) would be the worst place for them to show up ever... especially given their "case" is still to be reviewed in the court of law.

Any actions by them at this funeral would not likely bode-well for them when a court decision is made. (I can only hope they make the mistake of showing up.)

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 01-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #30
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
I can almost guarantee you they won't get close enough to get their message across.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060