Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 07-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyers View Post
I have been thinking about doing a infinity light on mine
We have done a couple of them at work. They look cool
Whats an infinity light?

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #17
Top Contributor

It's one of those optical illlusions where a single ring of lights looks like it goes on forever....very deep looking. Like these: http://lightenergystudio.com/infinitymain.html
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 07-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #18

Thats it
the principle is simple
take two pieces of mirror plastic one with mirror tint, mount the lights in between
V&H pro pipe
FI2000
custom intake
work in progress

Old 06-18-2015, 10:36 AM   #19

Did you end up selling these? I know id take 2!

Old 06-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc88 View Post
I think I could do some in Red, Green, and Blue. I got plans to make a jig so the holes are in the right spot. Also, I didn't show it in the pictures, but I used drywall screw holders/pushins/what ever they are called pushed thought holes to hold the air filter in the correct place. I think I can improve on that. Also, I'll clean up the wiring A LOT. I would love to sell them, but I don't want them to look like junk (even though you only see the outside edge)

Might be a while, so hopefully you guys keep interest. We have Ragbrai in town this week then I'm gone two weeks for work. I'll def post in the for sale section when I get a few made!
I've got the red filters so I'd like to have red LED's. I'd buy a set!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-19-2015, 02:03 AM   #21

I use one of these,sitting outside a bar and switching it on from 100ft or so can be quite amusing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141105265876

Old 06-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #22

Do you know what types of strips i should use? I've been thinking about lighting up the bike and want to keep it all hidden. But i think the strip on the filters would like sweet.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #23

I use these and some 60cm length's on the bike,5m roll's on the trailer,they have lasted the best part of 3yrs so far,and i ride all year round, so they know what rain is.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Latest-...item5b09900844

Old 06-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #24

Not my type of thing but be aware in most states it is illegal to have either red or blue lighting on your bike. Those colors are reserved for emergency response and police vehicles.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernomad View Post
Not my type of thing but be aware in most states it is illegal to have either red or blue lighting on your bike. Those colors are reserved for emergency response and police vehicles.

Not sure if that applies to auxillary light's mate,especially if you can show that they are controlled by a seperate system. When the bike is stationary,off the road,i would have thought that you could do whatever you like.It's America for christ sake, the land of the free,right !

Old 06-19-2015, 12:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
Not sure if that applies to auxillary light's mate,especially if you can show that they are controlled by a seperate system. When the bike is stationary,off the road,i would have thought that you could do whatever you like.It's America for christ sake, the land of the free,right !
It all depends on the state/city law or admin codes. I know in WA State it is outright illegal to have any sort of aux lighting in either red or blue. It can "confuse" other motorists. Dumb, I know, but it's the law.

It was a big problem back in the 90's when under car neon lighting was the big thing to have. Several of my friends got pulled over and ticketed for having blue and/or red neon lighting under the vehicle. I know some state patrol is one of those depts who crack down on stuff like this. City and Sheriff typically don't care too much.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:13 PM   #27

When parked in a private (bar, home, etc) parking lot anything goes. Red, blue, flashing, solid…

on the street or on govt property (dmv, town garage, schools, etc etc…) most laws say no emergency lighting should be on or used. flashing or otherwise.

You can always have them on your bike, as long as they are off. Some cops will say that you cannot have access to the switch while operating the bike/vehicle.

What they don't know can't hurt em!

Especially these days. We used to have red and blue strobes everywhere. If a vehicle was granny driving (30 in a 55… or even 55 in a 55 if we were being douche bags) We would toss em on and get by them.
I said it was more safe that way… less road rage.

Now the fukers call it "impersonating an officer".. gotta take all the fun out of it lol

Old 06-19-2015, 02:01 PM   #28

The police dont know the law as well as you might expect. I have had several discussion's with officer's on the subject,and they know more about diversity than they do the law. One told me that it was illegal to have blue spotlight's,i showed him that they light up white,he was confused,then i showed him the blue led outer rim that is controlled by remote,he thought he was onto a winner until i pointed out to him that the remote was not attached to the bike,and therefore was a separate entity.One day an arsehole will pull me over and i will have my day in court.You're defence in an American court could be,yes,i have blue light's,but i only use them on private property,and i also have a gun,but i aint shot nobody, yet.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:19 PM   #29

In most states you can only use amber as an aux light. technically any underglow or accent lighting is illegal on the street in most of the US. In NH for the most part if you keep it tasteful, not flashing, and non emergency colors they will leave you alone. However you certainly may be stopped and ticketed. I would like to do this mod in a deep purple with maybe a little glow under the tank, if i catch 2 tickets it'll come off. Why two? anything can happen once

Old 06-19-2015, 04:35 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
In most states you can only use amber as an aux light. technically any underglow or accent lighting is illegal on the street in most of the US. In NH for the most part if you keep it tasteful, not flashing, and non emergency colors they will leave you alone. However you certainly may be stopped and ticketed. I would like to do this mod in a deep purple with maybe a little glow under the tank, if i catch 2 tickets it'll come off. Why two? anything can happen once
It's easy to overdo it,my bike is green and i have one set of 18in long red & blue under each side of the tank, throw's a nice light on to the dog bowl and engine casing's,another set under the bag's shine's up the arse end ,on the inside of the crashbar's,front & back,and on the rear mudguard,under the chrome backrest fitting's work's good too.