Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #16

New Logos....take a look...

Ok with me except the lettering upside down on the bottom.
Zoom

Bobby Risher
Terry, MS
Kawanow member # 124
South Central Group
2000 Nomad 1500 (carbed) 128,000 miles

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #17
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
President's perogative, I guess.
There you go again with that President's perogative!!!

I guess beggar's can't be choosy.

Oh, by the way. Like the green. As everyone know, the green nomads are the fastest.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 03-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #18

Trip,
I know you said that this would pretty much be the final design and if that is the case I'm fine with that. That being said and after reading a few of the comments from others, I'm wondering if the following would not be worth thinking about. The center of the logo has a bottom and a top to it, and you mentioned you did not include the mascot name because of too much lettering. Instead of repeating the region name and ending up with half of it up side down, could you not have the whole region mascot name just once starting at say 7 0r 8 o'clock with a small flag of the appropriate country at 6 o'clock ( right side up ) to help space things out.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 03-03-2010, 03:45 PM   #19

Hey Trip,

I think the logos should be square, the font bigger and smaller, the mascot should replace the region name, and the whole logo should be one color ....other than that it is fine ;)

This is why you get the big title and the big bucks!
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 03-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #20

And maybe, just maybe, could you have it play the country's national anthem when the center is pushed and have the whole patch be a scratch-n-sniff for the national flower? (Rose:USA , golden wattle: Australia, and maybe a maple leaf for Canada since they don't have a national flower) Vulcanize the backs and we can use them for tire patches in emergencies.

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #21
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat (TC)
I know this is not a poll but after all the input on the poll you still put the region names at the bottom, upside down. ???
I don't like the green either.
As I said ealier, I appreciate all the work and time you put into this forum and I love it here. Just wanted my opinion noted
The region name is upside down so anybody can still read it when your upside down ;)
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #22

I don't plan on being upsife down Lar

Did you notice Trip answered everybodys question or comment except mine. Maybe it's my personality or the way I come across with my opinions. :-/
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #23

No matter what color or design you use.....................you shoulda done something else.......great job..........

Old 03-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #24

Send a message via Yahoo to txtimberwolf

They look great to me. Being a graphic designer in the past i know one thing is for sure. You will never make everyone happy in a group when trying to make a logo that everyone likes. I know how hard it is to try but it will never happen. If you like it thats the point since your the President and all its your call. again i think they look great

Old 03-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank
And maybe, just maybe, could you have it play the country's national anthem when the center is pushed and have the whole patch be a scratch-n-sniff for the national flower? (Rose:USA , golden wattle: Australia, and maybe a maple leaf for Canada since they don't have a national flower) Vulcanize the backs and we can use them for tire patches in emergencies.
That was funny ;)

Old 03-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtimberwolf
They look great to me. Being a graphic designer in the past i know one thing is for sure. You will never make everyone happy in a group when trying to make a logo that everyone likes. I know how hard it is to try but it will never happen. If you like it thats the point since your the President and all its your call. again i think they look great
But it looks like you go for the more simple look in your sig pics

Old 03-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #27
VBA Founder

Thanks for all your comments guys..... LOL...I'll try and make this batch of logos solve world hunger as well as play the national anthem.

So, how do I say this without pissing anyone off? Taking President's perogative, I feel the logos need to stay the way they are. I tried placing the region name only at the top and having a flag somewhere at the bottom. After working on that format for a while, I didn't like the way it came out.

I have always placed the name once at the top and bottom. That way, if the logo is a patch or sticker or whatever and is looked at at an angle or upside down, the name is still there. I'm not trying to be a hard ass or closed-minded.....but in my mind, no other changes need to be made. As with anything that goes to committee, I can work on these for months and not everyone happy. Again, thanks for your comments.

I'll be placing the new logos in the respective Regional forums very soon. Oh and TopCat.. I didn't see your comment till later on.

Thanks,
Trip

Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 03-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #28

Think it was a good ideal that should not have been tampered with at all. Maybe we should have left the logo the way it was?
::) ::) ??? :-/ P.S. Hope I don't get voted off.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #29

Green for the US is sort of Kawasaki Green - not quite Nightmare's color, but close enough :) I think these are a definite improvement. Curving the script font does make it fairly dificult to read. It took me quite a while to figure out the top one said Australian.
2008 Red/Black Nomad - Traded at 29500 miles

Old 03-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #30
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
Thanks for all your comments guys..... LOL...I'll try and make this batch of logos solve world hunger as well as play the national anthem.

So, how do I say this without pissing anyone off? Taking President's perogative, I feel the logos need to stay the way they are. I tried placing the region name only at the top and having a flag somewhere at the bottom. After working on that format for a while, I didn't like the way it came out.

I have always placed the name once at the top and bottom. That way, if the logo is a patch or sticker or whatever and is looked at at an angle or upside down, the name is still there. I'm not trying to be a hard ass or closed-minded.....but in my mind, no other changes need to be made. As with anything that goes to committee, I can work on these for months and not everyone happy. Again, thanks for your comments.

I'll be placing the new logos in the respective Regional forums very soon. Oh and TopCat.. I didn't see your comment till later on.

Thanks,
Trip
Trip, I don't think you need to worry about pissing people off. If you tried it and it didn't look right, enough said to me.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16