Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 01-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #16
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
I'll be dressing even better for it in the future, Ive fallen off plenty on dirt bikes and snowmobiles growing up, I found that most times you can control it somewhat, but sometimes it happens in such a way that your at the mercy of fate. If I was that terrified of falling off a bike Id probably never get on one again.
Ring did you recently have an accident? I saw something about it in another thread. Hope your OK.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #17
Sr. Contributor

He had a get off last spring, not pretty, he had some broken bones and smashed his ride real good. He sounds like he is doing well, and has been working on his ride to get it right again. I think he is still doing therapy.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 01-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocheese72 View Post
Ring did you recently have an accident? I saw something about it in another thread. Hope your OK.
I came off the bike back in May, everything is healed up pretty good now, except the bike. Im still working on that . Hopefully I'll be back in the saddle sometime this spring.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 02-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #19

I think it helps to think about scenarios every now and then. If I have a close call where I think I am going down I will usually make a plan on how I am going to do it. I have noticed that a lot of people get hurt worse than they should because they are still trying to keep from falling after the fall is inevitable. You have to have your mind in the moment. Keep on trying to stay upright until you can't, then stop riding and start falling. I once had an idiot pull into my lane and slam her brakes on about 5 feet in front of me. As I tried to stop I watched the front tire because I knew that when it touched her bumper it was time to leave the bike and concentrate on minimal damage. I suffered a sprained wrist and a puncture wound on my elbow from something on the road. A friend's son suffered the same accident. He wasn't prepared to tuck and roll but instead slammed down on his side with his arm under him. His result was a badly broken arm, hip and leg.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #20

Sometimes things happen so fast and sudden you don't even realize whats happened until you stop sliding.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads