Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-03-2008, 10:56 AM   #16
Top Contributor

How many Nomads out there?

Hey CJ, I'd like to see a few more on the road but not that everyone should own one. Then it would be just another bike.
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #17

I hardley ever see one. Maybe about as often as I see an old Volkswagen Bug.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt

I've seen 2 in my neighborhood...Pecan Grove and I don't know either of them. I usually see them when I'm filing up w/ gas, so I can't "chase" them down! There is 1 more that I know of in Pecan Grove and that's Viperdad's. So...that would make 4 within 3-4 miles of me. I've got Mike in Katy who's not far from me either...but it's RARE I see one other than those....but I see ton's of HDs.... oh well... Guess we've got a good secret!! LOL!

Old 06-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #19

I've met 2 people in San Diego that own Nomads... & caught a glimpse of a couple others.....

Of the the 4 big Kawa dealers in San Diego, None have a Nomad on the floor... I've spoken to them and they tell me the demand isn't there. I suggested that if they floor one, it may create a demand. I'm sure they're getting right on it! ;)

Old 06-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #20

A Red/Silver Nomad blew by me on the highway this morning. Flashed the peace sign, nodded and smiled as he went by. Maybe that means Red/Silver is the fastest color. ;)

I had time to see the bags with rails, and a blue cooler on the back seat and that's all. Looked like stock pipes, but was quite a bit louder than my bike.

It's only the second one I have seen in about 6 months of watching.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-03-2008, 12:54 PM   #21
Mega-Contributor

These responses make me curious. What is wrong with the Nomad? Is it just because it **isn't a Harley**? These bikes must be the world's best-kept secret.

Again, it points to Kawasaki's piss-poor marketing effort. If I was the CEO of Kawasaki, I'd want to sell as many motorcycles as possible. When I was at the dealer the other day ordering my tires, they had 3 Nomads and 3 V2k's on the floor. I was chatting with the service guy and he asked me how I liked the Nomad. I told him "I love that bike". I asked if they were selling many of them and he said, "yeah, sales have been good, and we're selling more V2K's".

One of the things that attracted me to the Nomad is its uniqueness. You don't see them everyday. You can't throw a rock around here and not hit a Harley. It just bothers me to no end that Kaw doesn't do more to market them.

And with that, I'm going downstairs to hop on my Nomad and go to lunch.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #22
Advanced Member

In the last 6 weeks I've seen seven besides my own.
One had some cool LED lights and I wanted to catch him to get a closer look but my wife wans't too keen on the idea at the time. :)

Old 06-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
These responses make me curious. What is wrong with the Nomad? Is it just because it **isn't a Harley**? These bikes must be the world's best-kept secret.

Again, it points to Kawasaki's piss-poor marketing effort. If I was the CEO of Kawasaki, I'd want to sell as many motorcycles as possible. When I was at the dealer the other day ordering my tires, they had 3 Nomads and 3 V2k's on the floor. I was chatting with the service guy and he asked me how I liked the Nomad. I told him "I love that bike". I asked if they were selling many of them and he said, "yeah, sales have been good, and we're selling more V2K's".

One of the things that attracted me to the Nomad is its uniqueness. You don't see them everyday. You can't throw a rock around here and not hit a Harley. It just bothers me to no end that Kaw doesn't do more to market them.

And with that, I'm going downstairs to hop on my Nomad and go to lunch.
If they market them better and it catches on................... they won't be unique anymore. Just sayin.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #24

I agree that it's kind of nice being unique. Harleys are a dime a dozen, and if everybody starts buying them, it won't be that unique anymore.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #25
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie cruiser
I agree that it's kind of nice being unique. Harleys are a dime a dozen, and if everybody starts buying them, it won't be that unique anymore.
Yes, but there is a long road from unique to ubiquitous. We're a loooong way from becoming a dime a dozen.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #26

I've only really seen one other than me around Baton Rouge. Not real common here, but makes little difference to me. I'm sold on the Nomad.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #27
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

ubiquitous?

look at the literary man!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 06-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #28
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
With 50% of the US market share, perhaps HD is not a good comparison. HD outsells every metric bike. So, what other bikes out there are reasonable alternatives to the Nomad. Although they are not dressed cruisers, I see many more VTXs than Nomads. And the same goes for the Stratoliner and Road Stars. I don't see many C90s around here though. Yet I cannot imagine that these are better bikes. I guess I'm just surprised that Kawa does not sell more Nomads. But then I don't really care b/c I could not be happier.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:47 PM   #29

Actually, the less I see, the better I like it. As long as I can readily get service and parts for my ride, I like having something different. That's one of the reasons I went with the Nomad, besides the fact that it is a good looking machine.
Mike

Old 06-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #30
Advanced Member

I regularly see other Nomads in my neck of the woods. I like to think that it is because people up here are smarter, but that's a matter of opinion. Yesterday I saw a cluster of bikes at the nearby truck stop and one was a Nomad, presumably they were off to Americade. When I joined the Southern Cruisers of NH for a ride, I saw two different Nomads while waiting for the others to arrive and the ride leader rode a Nomad. When I owned a Valkyrie it was less frequent that I saw another one and much less when I rode a Royal Star. Whenever I see a Venture I really take notice, but I don't recall having seen any Voyagers besides one. Over in NH almost every bike is a Harley and they mostly seem to be on weekends and in groups. I guess I have always had a penchant for the road less traveled and that is part of the draw of the Nomad, but how it performs is by far what keeps it in my garage (if I had one), moreover this forum is what makes owning a Nomad really worthwhile because that silly smile inside your helmet can be shared with others who understand.