Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #16

Regarding 2 GPS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
See, multitasking can be fun.
If I suits you Ron then that is what counts.
The two GPS's remind me of my brother though, he has 3 if you count his wife and all 3 have contradicted each other on the route to take several times.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi Norm,

I always had a GPS permanently Mounted on each of my four Motorcycles to make it easy when I switched which Motorcycle to ride. But then I purchased the Latest ZUMO at over $700 with everything was that was needed to supplement the built in GPS on My Goldwing (We all know the OEM Goldwing GPS has a lot to be desired).

Since I am not rich but a hard working semi-retired Senior I liked the ZUMO so much I wanted it on my Other Motorcycles also & cannot afford more then one ZUMO. My solution was to have the necessary brackets and Power Adapters installed on all my Motorcycles for the ZUMO then move the ZUMO to which ever Motorcycle I was using for that particular day if taking a longer Trip.

To support my Motorcycle abdication, for Gadgets, and many long Trips I am Self Employed on a freedom 95 Program. I don't have a lot of time to post on these forums (Check My Post Count) but with it still being Winter Yet I took time to jump in to help that guy with question about the Air Kit for his Air Shocks. Then some busy bodies with their critical attitudes jump in after seeing that Picture I attached to show my Air Shock Air Gauges.

So sorry that my ideas on Motorcycles offends them but I have a Thick Wrinkled Skin and maybe the silent Majority appreciates what someone else has done to make their Motorcycle perform better for their needs.

Northern Dancer,

Regards,

Ron

Darksider 2006 Goldwing 1800, 2008 Nomad 1600, 2006 ST1300PA Police, 2005 Burgman Executive 650
Goodyear TripleTred CT NRF 205/60R16 38psi - KUMHO 195/55-16 CT Run Flat 32psi VBA #01969
POTENZA 165/65R14 38psi - Hankook 205/50/ZR17 38psi - Michelin Alpin PA3 205/60R16 36psi
DUNLOP NRF 195/60R16 38psi - Bridgestone Front G709 38psi - Darkside Number (DS #610)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-08-2015, 01:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dancer View Post

.... but I have a Thick Wrinkled Skin and maybe the silent Majority appreciates what someone else has done to make their Motorcycle perform better for their needs.
Ron,
From what I have observed from several motorcycle forums that I'm on, thick skin is sometimes a necessity.

Hey, with all your years and miles of motorcycle riding experience I'm not going to second guess what works best for you. It's your bike and your choice.

Keep riding and enjoy the short season that we have here in Canada!

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 03-08-2015, 02:00 PM   #18

Regarding Mirror on Crash Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandreu View Post
As I said not being critical, if you like it that's all that counts. just a comment about the pic posted.

Just looked at the pic again and noticed a small mirror mounted on top of the left front crash bar, what's that used for?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi Jandreu,

I have small mirrors mounted on both my Crash Bars to help me back my Nomad out of my Garage -- see when you turn our Handle Bars one cannot see what is behind them and my Saddle Bags might hit my Car. My other three Motorcycles have Frame mounted Fairings and the Mirrors are fixed or do not move with the Handlebars.

With my Mirrors on Crash Bars this helps as I only have a Single Car Garage and have to maneuver my Nomad to clear my Car.

Yes I am an IT Person self employed working on Computers and Networks and really like my Gadgets which aid me in being seen by Car Drivers and keeping informed as to condition of my Motorcycle. I try to perform all maintenance on my Motorcycles as my life depends on them and I have to know things are done right.

When I purchased my Goldwing the Sales Person was saying I have to bring it in for various service requirements, so I told him we have a problem and I want to talk to the big Boss. I told the Big Boss I have a rule that no one rides or works on my Motorcycle or Wife in that order -- He laughed and said no problem if you need a Part covered by warranty just bring it in and he will replace it.

Northern Dancer,

Sincerely,

Ron

Darksider 2006 Goldwing 1800, 2008 Nomad 1600, 2006 ST1300PA Police, 2005 Burgman Executive 650
Goodyear TripleTred CT NRF 205/60R16 38psi - KUMHO 195/55-16 CT Run Flat 32psi VBA #01969
POTENZA 165/65R14 38psi - Hankook 205/50/ZR17 38psi - Michelin Alpin PA3 205/60R16 36psi
DUNLOP NRF 195/60R16 38psi - Bridgestone Front G709 38psi - Darkside Number (DS #610)

Old 03-08-2015, 02:54 PM   #19

Ron, yes the GoldWing GPS, at least in the 2008 that my brother has, is according to him not the best, so he has had a Zumo on the bike as well. We took a trip out to Cape Breton a few years back and he would usually lead. It was like clockwork when we were getting lost. First from our vantage in the rear we could see him fiddling with his Zumo and then looking down at his GW GPS, then his wife on the back whose first initial is G and has no sense of direction would get into the act and start pointing and leaning forward to talk. So a third GPS so to speak would contradict the two other electronic ones. At this point my wife and I knew we were lost and a pull over and possibly a U turn was coming shortly. It was great entertainment as this same science played out often durning the trip. Seeing your two on your Nomad reminded me of that.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136