Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 02-08-2019, 04:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy View Post
I would like to ride the Dragon just to see if it's any better than Iron Mountain Rd or The Needles Hwy here in the Black Hills.......Pacific NW (US and Canada) has some spectacular rides. US 12 from Idaho to Montana, Going to the Sun Hwy thru Glacier NP, anywhere in southern BC, The Rattlesnake grade in Oregon, there are so many good roads. I've ridden all the ones above except the Dragon. I rode the Three Sisters in Texas hill country a few years ago and was a bit disappointed. Nice country ride but not spectacular.

I'm hoping to go back to southern BC this year.......we'll see.
Needles and The Dragon are great roads. Love Needles for the scenery, love the Dragon for 8.5 miles of handle bar tuggin', board rubbin' good times. Don't think Iron Mountain is under my tires, yet.
The Angeles Crest Highway (Route 2; Did I spell that right?) North-east of "the Valley" is an awesome handlebar tuggin' road as well. We stumbled on it when we did our Route 66 trip... Ufda, the arms were tired after that!
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.3476...8809343,13.75z

Ride safe!
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by smokier; 02-08-2019 at 04:35 PM.