Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 10-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #31

Sea Foam, Who Uses It And When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
Actually I've been reading on removing carbon from an engine and contacting some of my old racing buddies. They all agree that an "additive" can do some minimal good and possibly "unstick" something but no extensive cleaning is going to take place. what actually works is water vapor. Injection of a fine mist of heated water into the combustion chamber gets it almost surgically clean.

In cars we'd pull the PVC valve and hook a hose to it through a air inflation needle (like you use to fill a football) and suck hot water into the engine while keeping it running with the gas peddle.

I imagine it would be the same for the Nomad other than spraying a fine mist of hot water past the throttle bore. Just a little bit at a time so as not to introduce hydrolic lock up. that probably ain't going to happen anyways because spraying carb cleaner doesn't cause a hyudrolic issue.

I think I might do this just for fun? Maybe get a gallon garden sprayer with a very fine misting tip, microwave some water and have at it....
Ever try automatic trans fluid down the intake of a car. Hell of a white smoke, but cleans the engine unbelievably. I remember when the vacuum modulator used to go bad on older Chevy transmissions, you could eat off the inside of the engine after that. Wonder if it would do the same for a motorcycle engine?

Login or Register to Remove Ads