Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 11-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
...I thought I'd share the post, and the cause.

---------------------------

www.bacaworld.org - because the war has not yet been won
Thank you for sharing this, I wished there was an organization like this when I was growing up. I just contacted the secretary for my local chapter about volunteering.

As to the "loud pipe" debate, to each their own, IMO... I have gone through both loud and quiet pipes, each has their own appeal and cost. Just because we have the freedom (for now) to be loud, doesn't automatically mean we have to...

Matt

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer View Post
Upping your post count Gerry
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 11-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #33
Sr. Contributor

Originally Posted by manban9888
Great read Pretzel. Thanks. It's a great thing to take something you are passionate about (motorcycles) and using it for the good of others. As to the other stuff...to each their own. My pipes are stock cuz I love music when I ride. I live in sunny Florida so I ride in a t-shirt and no helmet most of the time (no apes or many black tshirts tho)and other peoples opinion of that doesn't bother me or make a difference in what I do. Why would it? This is a great forum and I was impressed by it was a pleasure to break bread w the members I met at my 1st rally at Antlers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
Upping your post count Gerry

Sure...or was I really liking it?
I agree that taking something that you are really pasionate about and
doing something positive for others is a great idea............................Don't you?
He said he had stock pipes, so you should have liked that..................Didn't you?
He said he liked breaking bread with members at the rallies...............Don't you?

I gave his comments , because I like what he said.............Didn't you?
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Last edited by Loafer; 11-12-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer View Post
Sure...or was I really liking it?
I agree that taking something that you are really pasionate about and
doing something positive for others is a great idea............................Don't you?
He said he had stock pipes, so you should have liked that..................Didn't you?
He said he liked breaking bread with members at the rallies...............Don't you?

I gave his comments , because I like what he said.............Didn't you?
See, thanks to me you got another post on your count Your Welcome
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 11-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #35
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
See, thanks to me you got another post on your count Your Welcome
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Loafer; 11-12-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #36

Waving because it's not about saving lives, or safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazfl View Post
so whats the problem with riding with no helmet, a t-shirt (yes, some of mine are black) and ape hangers?
This a pretty good forum but one thing I've noticed is that there are a some individuals on here that tend to,for lack of a better term, "talk down to" those who choose to ride with no helmet. Gets sort of old. Some of you need to step off your soap boxes.
The point you missed is that the patch is not about safety, it's about projecting the attitude of "I'm a biker and a rebel". If they are concerned about saving lives, they would wear protective gear including a helmet, and jacket. They wouldn't put ape hangers or other crazy mods on their bike. They wouldn't be driving after drinking. The crappy bike is probably an overpriced Harley with straight pipes, but if it isn't, they've removed all the decals that identify what it really is.
Yes, I'm judgemental about this type of biker, but they want to be judged. That's why they wear the uniform of the bad ass biker. It isn't enough to just ride the bike. They want everyone to know they are a biker. I just can't tolerate the bullshit like "loud pipes save lives".
Also, for those of you that think you need to dominate this forum by making the most posts, you don't impress me either.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsixten View Post
The point you missed is that the patch is not about safety, it's about projecting the attitude of "I'm a biker and a rebel". If they are concerned about saving lives, they would wear protective gear including a helmet, and jacket. They wouldn't put ape hangers or other crazy mods on their bike. They wouldn't be driving after drinking. The crappy bike is probably an overpriced Harley with straight pipes, but if it isn't, they've removed all the decals that identify what it really is.
Yes, I'm judgemental about this type of biker, but they want to be judged. That's why they wear the uniform of the bad ass biker. It isn't enough to just ride the bike. They want everyone to know they are a biker. I just can't tolerate the bullshit like "loud pipes save lives".
Also, for those of you that think you need to dominate this forum by making the most posts, you don't impress me either.
I wear a helmet all the time, most of the time a 1/2 shell. Some would say that is not a real helmet. I never wear shorts, and I always wear at minimum a shirt. I have risers on the stock bars, and Cobra pipes with baffles intact. Some would say I ride an overpriced bike, that is too loud and has some pointless and ridiculous mods on it. So what.
I have had friends go down and survive bad accidents while not wearing a helmet. I also have had a good friend die after a low speed impact with a truck while wearing a DOT helmet. I have a hard time swallowing what I perceive to be bad ass posers, but then there are people who may have a hard time dealing with me as well.
My point to this is that you are being very judgemental toward people who may be perfectly legal but are exercising their own poor judgement. I am sure that there is someone out there who doesn't like you and your loud bike as well...cause none of us is immune to it! Take a deep breath, life is too short to get so fired up about someone else's choices.

Yoda
VBA #01311
SCRC Chapter 289
07 Nomad

Old 11-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #38

Quote:
A friendly sort aren't you...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 11-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #39

Quote:
Only part I can agree with is that nobody should be driving/riding drunk. But to assume they are because of a patch/shirt/bike or lack of a helmet?

Still stereotyping. Basically, you're alienating any and every non-cookie-cutter person that differs from your tiny view of the world. Welcome to the list I just started: people I wouldn't ride with. It's a pretty lonely group, so say hello to yourself while you're there.

I also would never vote for you for President, but that's a longer list. ;)

BACA Pretzel - Flyin' the highways in OK!
'08 Vulcan 1600 Nomad - "Grace"
Candy Fire Red/Metallic Diablo Black
B.A.C.A. Member, Oklahoma Chapter
VBA #02190

Last edited by Pretzel; 11-11-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #40

Quote:
I agree with lots of the things he is saying.
I like this guy
Someone else on the forum not afraid to tell it like he sees it, Welcome.
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 11-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #41

Comments deleted because this isn't the thread.

Help a child, change the world.

BACA Pretzel - Flyin' the highways in OK!
'08 Vulcan 1600 Nomad - "Grace"
Candy Fire Red/Metallic Diablo Black
B.A.C.A. Member, Oklahoma Chapter
VBA #02190

Last edited by Pretzel; 11-12-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #42
Advanced Member

Quote:
wow...LOL

2012 Vaquero
Special edition Candy Lime Green / Ebony
Cobra slip on exhaust, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Cobra FI2000 Fuel Processor, Quick release trunk, Front & rear crashbars powdercoated black, Paul Yaffee stealth 3 tag frame, Arlen Ness grips, Corbin seat, Custom pinstripping, Rear LED strip turn signals, Stock rear turnsignals / tagframe assembly removed

Old 11-12-2012, 01:32 AM   #43

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
I agree with lots of the things he is saying.
I like this guy
Someone else on the forum not afraid to tell it like he sees it, Welcome.
Now what if on his nexx post he says he ain't impressed with who like him and agree with lots of things he's saying?

You already dominate the forum and got purt near tin thousand post with you constant bitching and complaining.

So be still! You already on his chit list!

An TC tries to hide it, but he's also a bad ass, liquor swirling, skirt chasing biker.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Last edited by Kawhead; 11-12-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
Now what if on his nexx post he says he ain't impressed with who like him and agree with lots of things he's saying?

You already dominate the forum and got purt near tin thousand post with you constant bitching and complaining.

So be still! You already on his chit list!

An TC tries to hide it, but he's also a bad ass, liquor swirling, skirt chasing biker.

That`s not true Mike, Tim does not drink!

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #45

"Also, for those of you that think you need to dominate this forum by making the most posts, you don't impress me either."

Gene Chestnut
Dover, DE
USAF 1968-1995
VBA#01761
2007 Nomad 1600
Black and Titanium