Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 12-19-2016, 12:09 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Say what?, no my house is on a lake in the Laurentiens mountains. Gets pretty cold outside at times especially if there is a wind, but it is cosy inside. Most folks around here heat mainly with wood. The electric heat in my house only cuts in if I am away or drops below 16c.
You must like the cold mate.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-19-2016, 04:17 PM   #32

It's only cold in winter and the summers are beautiful. I enjoy all the things there are to do in the different seasons here. I've owned this place for forty years and used it as a weekend getaway from life in Montreal. After retiring my wife and I decided to sell up the house in Montreal and live here full time. No regrets!

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 12-19-2016, 04:21 PM   #33

Oh yeah, the pics of Scott's hut are really cool. Wonder if any of the tinned food is still good.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 12-19-2016, 04:22 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
You must like the cold mate.
Naaaa, just love riding, lifes a journey, gotta learn to love experiencing it!
Last year at ThanksGiving, rode into a small town nearby. Saw this little spec in the middle of a two lane street. Got closer, discovered it was a little kitten with its eyes glued shut with sleep. It had wandered into the road, sitting on the line in the middle of the road, was below freezing. Evidently it had followed its mother across the road, and decided to rest there. I parked my bike right in front of her, got off, she ran under the bike.
I grabbed her, stuffed her into my jacket, rode into the vets 45 minutes in the opposite direction. About every 10 minutes, she's climb outta my jacket and up on my shoulder, and I'm doing 75 mph.
Well, kitty is fine today, crazy as ever, she even loves motorcycle rides. Everyplace I go she goes....when its warm she'll ride in the pouch of my pocket.... She's got too big and fat to ride in that pouch now.
Know the RoadGlide fairing? Left Hand side glovebox is gonna be her traveling condo....
If I hadn't rode that day in below freezing weather, it was sunny but cold, I'd never have found 'Spec'....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Last edited by DragonLady58; 12-19-2016 at 04:25 PM.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:36 PM   #35

Quote:
Oh yeah, the pics of Scott's hut are really cool. Wonder if any of the tinned food is still good.
Dont know about the food,but i bet the beers are cold.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-19-2016, 08:26 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
Dont know about the food,but i bet the beers are cold.
Beer snow cones!

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 12-19-2016, 11:28 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLady58 View Post
Back about late 70s, was riding a bike without a windshield, got beaned by a bumble bee at 70 right in the forehead....
Windshields are really nice!
A few years ago, I was riding across Oklahoma and got one of their giant grasshoppers right between the eyes. I was wearing a full face helmet, but who know one bug had so much green goo in 'em? What a freakin' mess!

The bike started the ride orange. By the time I was thru for the day it was green and brown.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:37 AM   #38
Advanced Member

Quote:
It's only cold in winter and the summers are beautiful. I enjoy all the things there are to do in the different seasons here. I've owned this place for forty years and used it as a weekend getaway from life in Montreal. After retiring my wife and I decided to sell up the house in Montreal and live here full time. No regrets!
I find that the cold temps really get to me now and I'm talking about mid-20s F which is a scorcher when compared to your winter lows. We live in Maine in the late 70s and the cold didn't bother me at all. Not so now in my advancing years.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:19 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
I find that the cold temps really get to me now and I'm talking about mid-20s F which is a scorcher when compared to your winter lows. We live in Maine in the late 70s and the cold didn't bother me at all. Not so now in my advancing years.
I admit that I am a little more selective on going out in the cold these days and do find jobs in the shop to keep me in. I used to work outside all day year round so it was no biggie to play outside.
We used to snowmobile in any weather and the equipment was not as good as today. Last winter I did a 350km trip in -25c temps on the sleds. My buddy and I thought we would have the trails to our selves, wrong lots of machines out and the gas stops and restaurants were busy with snowmobiles. Not cold at all, since the subject is winter helmet, mine that I wear these days is a modular snowmobile helmet with breath deflector, double lenses heated visor, and I wear a thin belaclava under that helps with drafts. Biggest issue in weather like that is not fogging ( there is none ),but the lense, modular part and chin strap get frozen shut with moisture. If I was riding a bike in cold and or damp weather I would use that helmet over my full coverage Nolan bike helmet.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 12-20-2016, 12:26 PM   #40

Fair play to you mate.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:37 PM   #41
Advanced Member

The forecast is mid 40sF today and sunny so I'll get out and stretch the Nomad's legs a bit.