Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #31

Time to plan my defense of visor ticket on Thurs.

Quote:
I was stopped and issued a ticket several weeks ago in Lindale for traveling 40mph in a 30mph zone. I have several friends that are cops in Lindale that I could have petitioned to have the ticket reduced or canceled. But, I don't like doing that. I was guilty, so I paid the fine... $128.00.
No way Trip.....What on earth were you thinking doing 40 in a 30 mph zone? ???

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #32
VBA Founder

LOL....and I wasn't even driving my vette....I was in my wife's car.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 12-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #33

We tend to get careless as we get older. I was told our vision is the third thing to go. ::)

110 cu in SE

Rinehart 4" slip ons
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

VBA #482

Old 12-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #34

Dan, I recommend taking the helment in to court with you so that you can show first hand how far open it was and the judge can see it on your head to see that it does cover your eyes.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #35

Dan,

Maybe the best thing is to be very pleasant and respectful, don't try to trap the officer on the stand....stick to the facts of the law and the stop only but in the course of illustrating the gap in the face shield or the layout of where she pulled you pulled over you ask to play your video (without any reference to her demeanor)....if you are right her statements and attitutude will shine through in the video better than if you tried to set her up by questioning beforehand.

I agree with GWilson and others. Go to win not to make the LEO's life miserable....nothing to be gained in that. You do not know what her situation was that particular day. Maybe she just found out someone she knows is dying? Given your account she did not sound pleasant but I don't think trying to play that out in court will help your case. Her attitutude is not on trial...just your infraction.

Maybe you should "scout" the judge before your case to see how he approaches diffrent defenses and get a feel for his style.

Regardless I would be prepared to approach it from a "business" only standpoint instead of a personal vendetta. No reason to stoop to the level you perceived her to have.

We are anxiously waiting the details and outcome of this real life Perry Mason case!
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-10-2009, 03:34 AM   #36
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy

I tend to agree with a lot of others here Dan, ...Dragnet comes to mind ..."All we want are the facts ma'am, just the facts". Good luck Dan, I'll be root'in for you.

Hummm I just thought about the time I got to cross examine my ex wife in court. I caught her lying when I asked her a question. I got to raise my voice and reminded her "that you swore to tell the truth", NOW TELL THE TRUTH !!!
It was great !!

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 12-10-2009, 06:53 AM   #37

Ricky, You would have been surprised had she responded "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH".

110 cu in SE

Rinehart 4" slip ons
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

VBA #482

Old 12-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider
Ricky, You would have been surprised had she responded "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH".

Too funny! Yikes!

I'm off to court, now after all this work, taking photos, crafting strategy, writting up questions, etc. etc. .... I'm going to be bummed if she doesn't show and it gets tossed. :)

Old 12-10-2009, 09:46 AM   #39

I keep hearing the Jeopardy music while I'm waiting for the outcome!

:-)

Old 12-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #40

Today's the day! Looking forward to hearing the results.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 12-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandolfn
I keep hearing the Jeopardy music while I'm waiting for the outcome!

:-)
thanks now I have that stuck in my head

Old 12-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #42

Ok, here's what happened. I lost and spent 3 hours in Jail for contempt of court.

I wanted a strong, I mean business kind of start. When it was my turn I asked for the U.S. flag, and the state flag to be removed. The judge asked why and I told him that I don't submit to the a piece of cloth, I only reverence the constitution, and that is what governed the courts, not a piece of cloth.

He denied my request and told me to proceed after asking if there was anything else I "needed". He said it in a snide way, so I told him that if he removed his robe and just wore his suit, that would work better for me also, as the robe is just a silly leftover from Colonial British days, and if we were going to hold onto silly relics from our past history, he might as well put on a powdered wig too.

He told me that we are here to try a case, not make silly political statements, and told officer Guzzman to take the stand and swore her in.

She painted me as some kind of obnoxious scooter trash type of a guy, and told what the ticket was all about, what she observed, where she was at etc. I rolled my eyes at her a couple of times when the judge wasn't looking, just to piss her off.

When it was time for me to cross examine her, the judge told me that it wasn't the time to make statements, just ask questions.

I went through about 4 pages of questions, some of which she played dumb on, and after a few times of trying to get her to answer, the judge said that she's already said that she doesn't know, and to move on. I then went to her state of mind during the stop. The judge asked me how it was relevant, and I told him that the case hinges on a judgment call by the officer, as I did have a helmet on eye protection on my head, which isn't in dispute. The dispute is on judgment of the correct application of the protection, so her state of mind is relevant. he allowed it.

I got her eventually to, funny enough, angrily deny that she was angry. And a little while later very emotionally say that she was in control of her emotions! That felt like a slam dunk!

Where I blew it was not resisting one last slam on her. I asked her if her hatred of men eliminates from a childhood Oedipus complex where she wanted her father out of the way so she could possess her mother? Oh she was pissed, and the judge told me to stop.
Then I made the mistake of saying kind of under my breath, must just be p***s Envy then.

The judge said that he had warned me, found me guilty of the charge and in contempt of court. He had the bailiff take me out of the court room.

I was only held for 3 hours, and then released just to teach me a lesson.

It was so worth it though to see the look on her face!!!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #43

Sounds like you went into court looking to be charged given the antics you just described. You went off track when you started messing with the judge. Glad it ended without too heavy a jail time for ya, cause I heard Bubba was asking for a new cell mate ;-)

Old 12-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
Ok, here's what happened. I lost and spent 3 hours in Jail for contempt of court.

I wanted a strong, I mean business kind of start. When it was my turn I asked for the U.S. flag, and the state flag to be removed. The judge asked why and I told him that I don't submit to the a piece of cloth, I only reverence the constitution, and that is what governed the courts, not a piece of cloth.

He denied my request and told me to proceed after asking if there was anything else I "needed". He said it in a snide way, so I told him that if he removed his robe and just wore his suit, that would work better for me also, as the robe is just a silly leftover from Colonial British days, and if we were going to hold onto silly relics from our past history, he might as well put on a powdered wig too.

He told me that we are here to try a case, not make silly political statements, and told officer Guzzman to take the stand and swore her in.

She painted me as some kind of obnoxious scooter trash type of a guy, and told what the ticket was all about, what she observed, where she was at etc. I rolled my eyes at her a couple of times when the judge wasn't looking, just to piss her off.

When it was time for me to cross examine her, the judge told me that it wasn't the time to make statements, just ask questions.

I went through about 4 pages of questions, some of which she played dumb on, and after a few times of trying to get her to answer, the judge said that she's already said that she doesn't know, and to move on. I then went to her state of mind during the stop. The judge asked me how it was relevant, and I told him that the case hinges on a judgment call by the officer, as I did have a helmet on eye protection on my head, which isn't in dispute. The dispute is on judgment of the correct application of the protection, so her state of mind is relevant. he allowed it.

I got her eventually to, funny enough, angrily deny that she was angry. And a little while later very emotionally say that she was in control of her emotions! That felt like a slam dunk!

Where I blew it was not resisting one last slam on her. I asked her if her hatred of men eliminates from a childhood Oedipus complex where she wanted her father out of the way so she could possess her mother? Oh she was pissed, and the judge told me to stop.
Then I made the mistake of saying kind of under my breath, must just be p***s Envy then.

The judge said that he had warned me, found me guilty of the charge and in contempt of court. He had the bailiff take me out of the court room.

I was only held for 3 hours, and then released just to teach me a lesson.

It was so worth it though to see the look on her face!!!!!
Well you had me fooled, I thought this whole court thing was real, now I know better. It was fun while it lasted, thanks for making it interesting.

Quinton

Old 12-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #45
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

He's done this more than once!!! One time he told us he woke up one day as a poor black child! or sumptin' like dat! ::) ::) ::)

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005