Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #31

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
What does Ma Kaw need to do to keep us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachA
If they gave me a new one, I would love Ma Kaw forever and ever. :)
you're too easy
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Many of you want to see a fairing and ABS added to the Nomad. What happened to the Voyager? It is a Nomad with ABS and a fairing and tourpak.
After having the Harley Tour Pack with rack and T-Bag Dekker Supreme bag there is no way I could make due with the tiny trunk on the Voyager. Add to that the flimsy plastic that the trunk is made out of that could not hold a luggage rack and a decent bag.

Doug Engstrom
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
2001 Vulcan Nomad 1500FI, (Sold at 83,000 km)

Old 09-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #33

I have a luggage rack on my voyager and and use it quite often when traveling with no problems.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #34
Sr. Contributor

Ma Kaw could make all former owners of their products happy by offering a discount for Owners Loyalty.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 09-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #35

Personally I dont think Ma Kaw cares one way or the other if anyone stays. They at one time were able to draw new owners by offering a good product at a reasonable price. Now they offer a good, not great but good product at nearly the same price as an HD. I realize that everyone does not like HD but they have a pretty loyal (although at times snobbish and Ahole) following.
In my opinion HD did it right, they market like crazy, they offer a good product with an endless supply of aftermarket goodies and factory offerings.
I think that Ma Kaw needs to take some lessons from HD in this area and then perhaps some of these vendors would start catering to us instead of shunning us.

Rensselaer, Indiana

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #36

My take after riding the Voyager is this. It was too noisy (mechanical sounds), loud and clunky shifting, and the power was lacking and came on a little slow. This got me thinking, so I did a llittle research. The following is what I came up with.

Since opening up the intake, having the VH pipes and using the fuel processer, the 1500 Nomad developes at least 65 rear wheel HP and 85 rear wheel Torque. The Voyager is at least 150 pounds heaver and only developes 9 HP and 9 FT. LBs. more at the rear wheel. That's rediculous given the extra Cis. Granted, my nomad is modified and perhaps the voyager would fare better if modified, but still those are not good No.s Add to that the clunkyness and really noisy engine, and I plan to keep the nomad for now.
I haven't been on the Victory CC tour but I like what I am reading about it except, I have seen two reports that power on that particular engine tune comes on rather slow and at higher rpm. Not a lot of low end grunt they are saying. This would be a dissapointment considering what other Victory models have been able to do. I'll make a decision when I have a chance to ride one.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #37

I reserve my decision until my '06 Nomad drops dead (or I do). . .

2006 Vulcan 1600 Classic "George III" (Patricia's)
2006 Vulcan 1600 Nomad "Grace" (Mark's)
Mark Clark
VBA #1619
TaibhseDaid@Gmail.Com
"Irish" @ Maricopa County Chapter of B.A.C.A.
Phoenix, AZ

Old 09-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #38

Harley makes motorcycles.
Kawasaki makes, motorcycles, atv's, large trucks and earth moving vehicles and I believe they even make parts for planes.
Sooooooooooo, they are a more diversified company than harley and can't focus on one industry, jmo. ymv
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 09-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #39

When I chose my '06 Nomad, it was the best motorcycle on the market at the time (for me).

If Ma Kaw wants my future business, they have to have the best motorcycle on the market the next time I look for a new motorcycle.

Lots of companies are stepping up to the plate of ergonomics and technology. I want it all in an old school low slung monster. Just a windshield and bags, no faring, no radio, no tour pack.

Mark Clark
VBA #1619
TaibhseDaid@Gmail.Com
Phoenix, AZ

Old 09-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #40

So with all this input, how do we get to Ma Kaw to hopefuly do some good. Where can we send this link so that we can try to communicate our thoughts and constructive criticisms to the HQ.

Thoughts?????

Old 09-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldridgekennedy
So with all this input, how do we get to Ma Kaw to hopefuly do some good. Where can we send this link so that we can try to communicate our thoughts and constructive criticisms to the HQ.

Thoughts?????
They are watching.
I know they are here.
We got the side opening bags on the Vaquero didn't we.
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 09-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #42

Quote:

Thoughts?????

Since I just bought a new nomad Ma Kaw just sent me a survey to complete. It took me at least 30min to do. I was very detailed with my answers. When I made negative comments they wanted a very detailed answer to each item. In the end I told them I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears and they should make the improvements to capture more of the Harley market. It's all about dollars and cents in the end. I wonder if they will actually contact me after reading my survey?

2012 Vaquero
1700 Nomad
(Deceased)
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Racnrays Invention (Throttle Mod)
Ivan's flash
Thunder Tornado Big Air Kit

Old 09-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by captj3
Quote:

Thoughts?????

Since I just bought a new nomad Ma Kaw just sent me a survey to complete. It took me at least 30min to do. I was very detailed with my answers. When I made negative comments they wanted a very detailed answer to each item. In the end I told them I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears and they should make the improvements to capture more of the Harley market. It's all about dollars and cents in the end. I wonder if they will actually contact me after reading my survey?
Here is the problem with that.
#1 If you just bought the Nomad you probably haven't riddin it enough to really know what needs changing and what does not.
#2 You may want a faring, I hate them. You may want tunes,I want to concentrate on what I am doing. You may want a trunk, I think they look dumb on a Nomad. You may want ABS, I want to control both my front and rear brake separately and if I have to lock them up I want to be able to.
So if you are listening MaKaw, phone me and I will tell you what everybody would like to see on the 2012 Nomad.
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 09-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #44

I don't think fairings and trunks are even an issue since you can get any combination you want. My dealer has an '11 Nomad with a trunk sitting in the showroom floor next to a Nomad with no trunk, next to a Vaquero with a fairing and no trunk, next to a Voyager with a fairing and a trunk, next to a 1700 with soft bags. Of course if you are cool you do have a fairing and a trunk on your Nomad 1600 - otherwise it is naked. That is as bad as naked toilet paper!

Old 09-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #45

That must be why I like mine this way. . . Solo, no trunk, windshield = All mine and naked. . .

Mark Clark
VBA #1619
TaibhseDaid@Gmail.Com
Phoenix, AZ