Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #31
VBA Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
I know I'm not alone in my confusion. But I'll leave that served up softball for someone else to hit out of the park. I'm just wondering what's happened since you walked away and then "gave away" the website? A site that used to promote Kawasaki and regional rallies and national rallies since the President of the site took over?

You all seem to be pretty proud of your promotions and that's nice. I'm sure all 6 of you are slapping each other on the back on how far VBA's progressed since you gave up the leadership Trip.
As usual... you've formed your opinions from hearsay, BD. Try getting the facts straight and let's try this again. But, let's keep things on the positive side, shall we?
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by trip; 10-27-2015 at 07:36 AM.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:24 PM   #32

Quote:
You all seem to be pretty proud of your promotions and that's nice.
I'm sure all 6 of you are slapping each other on the back on how far VBA's progressed since you gave up the leadership Trip.
Seem pretty proud? I don't believe I've mentioned it.

Dave Jesse
2012 1700 Gray/Black Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad Green/Silver Sold
VBA #1108

2010- Eureka Springs - Antlers - 2011- Maggie Valley - Antlers
2012- Margaritaville Ride - Van Buren - Antlers - 2013- Estes Park - Antlers
2014- Mountain View - Antlers - 2015- Eureka Springs - Antlers
2016- Salem - Antlers - 2017- Eureka Springs - Lake George - Antlers - 2018- Custer - Antlers

Old 10-26-2015, 10:32 PM   #33

Congrats to Dave and Amin! Thanks to Jared and Jay! All four of you are great leaders for the VBA.
Kawanow #731
VROC #28163

Old 10-26-2015, 10:50 PM   #34

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
Let me try and unconfuse you BD, in third person... Trip had nothing to do with the stepping down of Jared or Jay. Nor did he have anything to do with the passing of the VBA baton to Dave or Amin. Trip is simply saying the selection of Dave and Amin as VBA Pres and VP...is a good one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
And perhaps I can try to unconfuse you a bit more...

In the post a few months ago, announcing the leadership changes, I announced that it would take a few months for the process to be finalized. There are various trainings and procedures that needed to be done. During that time Jay found out his family was growing and decided an alternative president would be best. The original plan was to have everything finalized by the end of Sept, but because of the additional changes, it was postponed until the end of Oct. Since Jay didn't have a chance to officially take over as president it was decided that I'd make the announcement about the change. Hope that clears things up.
Y'all know what they say about arguing with an idiot.

They was one time many decade ago when my kids found an orphaned baby squirrel. It was sickly and we did a little research on the net and nursed it back to health and made a pet of him.

Then there came a day when my not so brilliant wife and I were sitting on the couch, when the squirrel jumps from the book case to the back of the couch. Well, she wiggles her fingers and scratches the couch, playing with him.The squirrel runs down the back and across the top. This goes on for about five minutes when she grabs one of his hind legs and makes him squeal. I told her, "Honey, that ain't a good idea. He's a wild animal and not domesticated like a dog or cat". She make a goofy face at me and keeps playing with him. She makes him squeak a few more times, and I again to no avail I attempt appeal to her high pinnacle of intellect.

Finally she screams! He bit the piss out of her through her finger!

That little bitty squirrel with a brain less than the size of a butter bean conveyed the primitive reasoning she could finally comprehend.

Then, they's this other story about the time she took a kitten outside and my three black labs ran up to her growling and barking to get it. The kitten was clawing and scratching and she couldn't throw it down!

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 10-26-2015, 10:56 PM   #35

Quote:
As usual... you've formed your opinions from hearsay, BD. Try getting the facts and let's try this again. But, let's keep things on the positive side, shall we?
"Some men, you just cain't reach........"

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-27-2015, 07:35 AM   #36
VBA Founder

Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Last edited by trip; 10-27-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #37
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
Seem pretty proud? I don't believe I've mentioned it.
That wasn't meant for Amin or you Dave. Actually I'm pleased as you two are by far mor involved in the VBA than the rest!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 10-27-2015, 09:28 AM   #38
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
Y'all know what they say about arguing with an idiot.

They was one time many decade ago when my kids found an orphaned baby squirrel. It was sickly and we did a little research on the net and nursed it back to health and made a pet of him.

Then there came a day when my not so brilliant wife and I were sitting on the couch, when the squirrel jumps from the book case to the back of the couch. Well, she wiggles her fingers and scratches the couch, playing with him.The squirrel runs down the back and across the top. This goes on for about five minutes when she grabs one of his hind legs and makes him squeal. I told her, "Honey, that ain't a good idea. He's a wild animal and not domesticated like a dog or cat". She make a goofy face at me and keeps playing with him. She makes him squeak a few more times, and I again to no avail I attempt appeal to her high pinnacle of intellect.

Finally she screams! He bit the piss out of her through her finger!

That little bitty squirrel with a brain less than the size of a butter bean conveyed the primitive reasoning she could finally comprehend.

Then, they's this other story about the time she took a kitten outside and my three black labs ran up to her growling and barking to get it. The kitten was clawing and scratching and she couldn't throw it down!
See??? She should have just been content with promoting the squirrel!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Old 10-27-2015, 09:36 AM   #39
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
As usual... you've formed your opinions from hearsay, BD. Try getting the facts straight and let's try this again. But, let's keep things on the positive side, shall we?
That's hard to do sometimes Trip when all those sitting at the table are timid to say the meal taste like crap. Trust BD (3rd person) I'm not the minority in speaking about it. Just more vocal. In time more members will start their own group (Like I did) and go it alone. I feel even then this forum wont see the writing on the wall.

Member # 0005

Old 10-27-2015, 11:28 AM   #40

Quote:
That's hard to do sometimes Trip when all those sitting at the table are timid to say the meal taste like crap. Trust BD (3rd person) I'm not the minority in speaking about it. Just more vocal. In time more members will start their own group (Like I did) and go it alone. I feel even then this forum wont see the writing on the wall.
I'll agree the forum and the VBA isn't like it was when I joined.
But as I've said before, for the most part it's what the members make it.
If people are involved and participate both on the forum and at rallies the VBA has a real value.
I recently posted a question about dates for the 2016 South Central Rally.
Not one response. I can't make people interested. I wish I could.
Hopefully the members that have been here a long time and are still active on the group will continue to be,
and hopefully those that aren't will regain an interest.
Of course it will also require newer members to get involved.
To me it's the rallies that are important. That part of the VBA is what has meant the most to me.
I don't know what the future holds. But I will do what I can to help the VBA.

Dave Jesse
2012 1700 Gray/Black Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad Green/Silver Sold
VBA #1108

2010- Eureka Springs - Antlers - 2011- Maggie Valley - Antlers
2012- Margaritaville Ride - Van Buren - Antlers - 2013- Estes Park - Antlers
2014- Mountain View - Antlers - 2015- Eureka Springs - Antlers
2016- Salem - Antlers - 2017- Eureka Springs - Lake George - Antlers - 2018- Custer - Antlers

Old 10-27-2015, 12:08 PM   #41
VBA Founder

Quote:
While I certainly don't mind a good debate or discussing issues with you BD, discussing innuendo's is not going to get us anywhere. I respect you (and always have) for the ideals you hold, feelings and opinions you have for the VBA.

I know that you realize that nothing is perfect... and the VBA and how things have been done in the past is not perfect. It's not anyone's fault, it's just they way things are.

But, we all strive to try and make things as fair and equitable as possible. Sometimes things don't work out that way. So, do you want to keep bringing up crap from the past or do you want to move on? I say, let's move on.

To be honest, you and everyone else has the right to move on and start your own group doing anything. It's a free country (or at least last check I thought it was). And to be honest again, if you've started your own group and want to go it alone, what are you doing hanging around here for?

Take your knowledge and wisdom of motorcycles and make the world a better place for all of us. You are very talented mechanically, but you need to quit throwing crap on the walls here. Forgive, forget and move on BD. The hate and negativity will consume you sooner or later.

Just my 2 cents worth.

So, from here on out, if you keep bringing up the past, I'll assume you're just wanting attention and don't really want a resolution to anything. But, if you want to stick around, jump in and help with a positive attitude and try to makes things better like the rest of us, I'll assume we're moving on with greater things on the horizon. It's up to you, my friend.
Trip's Website

Last edited by trip; 10-27-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:16 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
He's from So. Cal. Don't blame a motorcycle on that TC.
HEY JOEL!

Don't go blaming SoCal!

In my life some of the Smartest and Best looking people that I have met, are from SoCal.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:29 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
"Some men, you just cain't reach........"

I like this version better because It has music in it!

Old 10-27-2015, 12:50 PM   #44

Quote:
See??? She should have just been content with promoting the squirrel!
I should have married a squirrel, or a monkey, or a sheep or something. I'd have so much more money and orthodox folks Blood Pressure!

The only thing I was worried about was folks making sport at me for riding around with a sheep riding bitch. Gave into Peer Pressure.
Mark my wise words, someday that behavior will become acceptable, and them that dare speak up or protest will be protested and mocked as bigots and their businesses or livelihood shut down.

I'm too old to start up another demented movement. Gonna pass that baton on to the young-uns. Let them be proud of themselves and slap each other on the backs and pat their sheep.
And be rich.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 10-27-2015, 12:55 PM   #45

Quote:
While I certainly don't mind a good debate or discussing issues with you BD, discussing innuendo's is not going to get us anywhere. I respect you (and always have) for the ideals you hold, feelings and opinions you have for the VBA.

I know that you realize that nothing is perfect... and the VBA and how things have been done in the past is not perfect. It's not anyone's fault, it's just they way things are.

But, we all strive to try and make things as fair and equitable as possible. Sometimes things don't work out that way. So, do you want to keep bringing up crap from the past or do you want to move on? I say, let's move on.

To be honest, you and everyone else has the right to move on and start your own group doing anything. It's a free country (or at least last check I thought it was). And to be honest again, if you've started your own group and want to go it alone, what are you doing hanging around here for?

Take your knowledge and wisdom of motorcycles and make the world a better place for all of us. You are very talented mechanically, but you need to quit throwing crap on the walls here. Forgive, forget and move on BD. The hate and negativity will consume you sooner or later.

Just my 2 cents worth.

So, from here on out, if you keep bringing up the past, I'll assume you're just wanting attention and don't really want a resolution to anything. But, if you want to stick around, jump in and help with a positive attitude and try to makes things better like the rest of us, I'll assume we're moving on with greater things on the horizon. It's up to you, my friend.
If I may, sometime I think I detect a slight misdiagnosed psychotic jilted prom date tone.

Could be wrong though.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad