In Association with VBA Web : Memorial | Merchandise

Important Info : Please Read!
If this is your first visit to our new forum (est. 9.20.11) and you're already registered on the old forum, you'll have to request a new password in order to log in here. To do so, please Click Here and fill in the proper info. You must use the email address that you originally registered with on the old forum. You will then be emailed a new password (if you don't see it, please check your spam/junk folder). If you have any problems at all, please email us at mail@VulcanBagger.com. Thanks!

Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic > Lighter Side/Jokes
Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #46

What's your profession?

Retired Plant Engineer for UST, manufacturer of Copenhagen/Skoal Snuff. Keep on dipping guys as it keeps my pension check coming in.

Shep
Old 02-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #47

What's your profession?

I do IT stuff for a regional Automotive Distributor. Private company, many interests. I managed the Data Center for several years, now I'm tied up in Infrastructure Development as we do all new construction for our facilities.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #48

What's your profession?

Quote:
Life Enrichment Manager.......
My job is to manage and enrich the lives of my wife and myself for the duration of whatever time we have left. And weather permitting, that usually starts out with a "Nomadic Ride" to anywhere the sun is shining, and the Grub is palatable. In the winter I pray a lot for "Spring".
I like that answer Hope she thinks you are doing a great job ;)
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]
Old 02-17-2008, 01:38 PM   #49
Sr. Contributor

What's your profession?

My cousin drives for Roadway on LI.

Quote:
44 years as a Teamster & the past 21 years a line haul truck driver for Roadway Express. Only 7 years to go until retirement. Not a day goes by I don't count the months left before I cut the ball & chain. -Rich
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11
Old 02-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #50

What's your profession?

I spent 25 years welding for Trailmobile Trailers in Charleston IL until the entire corp. closed. Then did a little truckin' hualin' grain & rock. Went to work as a residential. trash man for Veolia ES. in 2002. I'm still at the same Charleston IL division. I now work in operations and maintenance, tracking the maintenance on all our trucks and equipment, and I do a little dispatching.
VBA #656
Black 2007 1600 Nomad
Old 02-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #51

What's your profession?

I officially retired in March 07. I spent 28 years in the corporate world in the agriculture/horticulture industry and the last 7 years as a business consultant with two partners. I'm still doing a little consulting for family business. I'm anxiously waiting to find my third career which will be driven by passion and not as focused on the almighty dollar. Buck
Old 02-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #52

What's your profession?

I'm officially retired from Food Services. Started cooking at the age of 13 finished professionally this year with 33 years wow thats along time serving on a chip truck...lol
Old 02-17-2008, 02:24 PM   #53

What's your profession?

::)Thanks TC. She hasn't complained in awhile so I guess I'm still on safe ground. But I sure wish I could talk her into goin South to pick up a few more degrees in the winter. I sure don't envy you at this time of year. Stay Warm Brrr.
Quote:
[quote:zx4iatil]Life Enrichment Manager.......
My job is to manage and enrich the lives of my wife and myself for the duration of whatever time we have left. And weather permitting, that usually starts out with a "Nomadic Ride" to anywhere the sun is shining, and the Grub is palatable. In the winter I pray a lot for "Spring".
I like that answer Hope she thinks you are doing a great job ;)[/quote:zx4iatil]
Old 02-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #54

What's your profession?

Financial Advisor for 28 years with that Wall Street company that uses a bull for their logo.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #55

What's your profession?

I am a Land Surveyor with a small engineering firm. Started out as an interesting career but after 20 years I am mainly strapped to a computer day in and day out trying to make something from a bunch of lines on a screen in Autocadd.

When I started their was always the chance of being shot at in a boundary line dispute. Now i just look forward to lunch.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #56
Top Contributor

What's your profession?

I'm a battery tech for UPS systems
Old 02-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #57

What's your profession?

I'm an architect who is a long way from retirement... of course, many architects never retire fully, they just slow down a bit.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #58

What's your profession?

I do custom woodworking. I make furniture, entertainment centers, bedrooms, dining sets, doors, etc. Really anything in wood. Just got a contract at Harvard University for 60 dining hall tables. I'm 44, owned this company since I was 26. I figured why wait till I retire to do what I enjoy. Simple life, my own hours, no corporate red tape, 3 mile commute. As long as the eyes and fingers don't fail me, I don't see retirement in my future. 2 employees. My Dad and my uncle.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #59
Advanced Member

What's your profession?

During the heating season I deliver heating oil. When things slow down and we go back to 40 hours a week I freelance as a male prostitute with an exclusive female clientile in Montreal. As a result I am a frequent patient of Nico.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:23 AM   #60
Advanced Member

What's your profession?

Police Motor Officer for a department of 300. 5th largest city in CT. Been here going on 12 years. Started off having to do 20, 9 years in the city changed it to 25!.
Peace Makers LEMC