Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-21-2015, 10:55 AM   #46

JSOhio, Have you tried adjusting your air pressure? This is the very first complaint we've heard. Try adding some pressure. If you have little or no pressure in the shocks you could be dropping through the stroke too easily. Standard air pressure should be around 15 psi. Do not exceed 43 psi or you can damage the shock. You'll need a Progressive hand pump to do this. Never use an air hose! Gauge mounted hand pumps are available through us for $49.95

If anyone else has any questions or would like to order a set please call me direct or email Luvernekaw@iw.net. I don't check this site everyday.
Luverne Kawasaki
101 W. Maple
Luverne MN. 56156
507-283-1800
Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-23-2015, 08:41 PM   #47

Rick, First ride I had 18lbs, when I took if out with the wife I increased it to 30lbs thinking it would help. Still same results. When my son stops by in the next few weeks I'm going to have him take a look while with both are sitting on the bike. Could be some else? Over all still enjoy the foot planted on the ground with rolling to a stop.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:21 PM   #48

Rick, First ride I had 18lbs, when I took if out with the wife I increased it to 30lbs thinking it would help. Still same results. When my son stops by in the next few weeks I'm going to have him take a look while with both are sitting on the bike. Could be some else? Over all still enjoy the foot planted on the ground with rolling to a stop

Keep me posted and let me know if I can help. You can reach me direct at the number above.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:31 PM   #49
Sr. Contributor

Can the dampening be changed?
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 04-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #50

Thanks to a steady increase in demand for these links we've upgraded from cutting them out with a plasma cutter to now professionally laser cut. Also upgraded from enamel paint to black powder coated. Overall quality and consistency are now up to a higher professional level. As of today they are also listed on Ebay . You're more than welcome to continue to call and order direct as well. If you've already ordered a set, thank you. If you haven't, now's a good time to pull the trigger, you won't regret it. They're in stock and ready to ship.

Thank you
Rick
Luverne Kawasaki
507-283-1800

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #51

Rick, here's an update. just got back from a 1600 mile trip and had no issues. Rode the Devil's Backbone in Texas and did not hit floorboards either. Love the new stance of bike and of my stance at a stop. Just letting you know. I'm glad to hear others are ordering them.

Thanks.

As for JSOhio, sorry you are having issues. I haven't experienced any myself. Check the pre-load level if you have plenty of air. Maybe it is set on I.
VBA #01416
2012 Vaquero SE Candy-Lime Green/Black
aka "T'Kehla"
2005 Nomad 1600 Black/Silver
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

"Life isn't a race; no one gets out alive. May as well slow down and enjoy the ride."

Old 04-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
Can the dampening be changed?
Yes, there are 3 settings I think. Maybe 4, but don't remember for certain.
VBA #01416
2012 Vaquero SE Candy-Lime Green/Black
aka "T'Kehla"
2005 Nomad 1600 Black/Silver
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

"Life isn't a race; no one gets out alive. May as well slow down and enjoy the ride."

Old 04-06-2015, 11:35 AM   #53

Guys please don't miss the part in the first post about the Voyager and Nomad. If you don't modify the saddlebag support bracket it will bottom out against the shock.
Vaquero and Classic are a simple bolt on with no modification.
Voyager and Nomad install the exact same way but bag support must be modified.
Thanks
Rick

Old 04-08-2015, 10:13 PM   #54

Mailed Instructions are NOT Correct

Rick, Glad to see you posted an update. Unfortunately Customers who purchase the Lowering Kit from you do not Read the Instructions off the Internet. I sent you all the pictures of my problem Monday, I just returned home tonight. I read the instructions you sent with the kit, NO WHERE does it mention a Voyager needs to cut the brackets and reroute them. When I purchase a product I TRUSTED the Instructions were 100% complete, Yours are NOT. But yet you told me I should take Responsibility also? FOR What ? I did not Design this product nor did I send out Instructions that were NOT Accurate. But I'm suppose to be Responsible for YOUR Screw up. I have a set of shocks that are Damaged and saddle bag that has a crack. You would not even listen when I asked you to rewrite the Instructions if they are incorrect, and they are! As I already Stated Customers do not get their Instructions off this site. They receive them in the mail from YOU. Sir you are the one who is responsible not the Customer. They only constructive advise for you would be to take a few Customer Relations classes some where.The Damage.jpg

Voyager Lowing bracket Problems.jpg your quote "I can't buy you new shocks" Rick I did not even ask you to! Very Dissatisfied Customer!!!!

Old 04-08-2015, 11:24 PM   #55

Wow. That damage sucks.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 04-09-2015, 12:36 AM   #56
Sr. Contributor

That's why liability has to be considered with product development.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 04-09-2015, 12:53 PM   #57

I will answer JSOHIO one time on this or any other forum. I have neither the time nor the desire to enter into an internet argument. This is soley for the other members of this forum to hear both sides after his post.
First thing I want to point out regarding the pictures he posted. One of the pictures show a small dent in the chrome around the bottom of the shock. That is the damage. The other picture is where he cut the support prior to welding it back together which is the modification that must be done. This is not the damage done by riding the bike. Apparently the actual damage was not severe enough to gather sufficient internet sympathy so he felt the need to mislead this forums members.
John emailed pictures of the shocks along with his complaint. At the end of this statement is a copy/paste of this exchange. After the email he called to further relay his dissatisfaction. I again thought I spoke to him diplomatically and courteously. I attempted to relay that I wasn't 100% certain the instruction sheet clearly stated this mod must be done to the Voyager and Nomad on the earliest shipments we sent or not. I'm currently waiting to hear back from a few others to confirm if this was the case. If not, clearly that is our fault. I went on to say as the mechanic he had to assume some responsibility as well. The Voyager is the first bike we installed these on and identified this problem in the first couple of seconds. I didn't say this but it is very obvious if you're paying attention. Plus he continued to ride the bike and even had a passenger on when he knew there was some problem. This had to result in an instant metal to metal bottoming sensation. Perhaps even a bang noise when it hit. Eventually I lost the ability to keep the conversation from going downhill and we were both angry when we hung up.
As to my customer service skills. I've been complimented many times over my 23 years in this business for the ability to remain calm so that a resolution can be found. It's rare I have a situation like this that doesn't end with at least a sense of fairness. I'm sorry this is one that probably will not be.
In closing I will address Mr. Steen. If you'd like to remove the kit and return it to me I'll refund 100% of your money including the return freight.
Thank you and sorry to waste your time with this.

E-mail conversation:
John,
I'm sincerely sorry this has happened to you but glad you caught it before any serious damage took place. I copy/pasted the first post from Vulcan Bagger Forums I made on these links back in Nov. 2014. I had thought I was making this clear on a couple of different posts but again, I apologize if I didn't make it clear to you. The Voyager is the first bike we made these links for and saw this problem right away. Our goal is !00% satisfaction. The instructions on all links being sent do state this mod needs to happen. Again, if you bought an early set that didn't clearly state this, I apologize. I'll go back and repeat this again on the forum so that hopefully it will never happen again. I would personally appreciate it if you would'nt try to crucify us on the net. It's very hard to build a positive reputation and easy for one person to destroy it. Have you had a chance to ride the bike with this cleaned up yet? I'll bet you're going to like it much better.
Thank you
Rick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any interest in a rear lowering link for all Vulcan 1700's? We developed one and are considering retailing it. Simple bolt on, no modifications. Installation takes about 10 minutes total on a 1700 Vaquero. Use your factory air shocks for a plush ride. Would come with all hardware and instructions to bolt on. Lowers rear end 3/4". Does'nt sound like much but makes a pretty dramatic difference in seat height feel. I have a 30" inseam and the 1700's feel tall to me. With this link I am flat footed. Drop the forks down in the clamps 5/8" and feels even better. Again, Vaquero requires no modification. 1700 Voyager and Nomad use a different saddlebag and the bag support does require modification to clear the different lower shock mount. We can do that as well and ship new modified supports or you can send yours for an additional charge. Retail price will be in the area of $139 plus $10 shipping in the U.S.

P.S. Don't believe what you read about shorter shocks. They make the ride unbearable for your passenger and harsh for the driver as well.

Rick Reed
Luverne Kawasaki
101 W. Maple St.
Luverne MN. 56156
507-283-1800
Luvernekawasaki.com
----- Original Message -----
To: Luvernekaw@iw.net
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2015 8:04 PM
Subject: Lowering Brackets Voyager

Rick, Here is the problem with the brackets being put on a Voyager.

Reading the VBA apparently all the other riders are putting these on Vaquero,

I am assuming the Vaquero saddle bag brackets are not the same design as the Voyager since

no one has had a problem with them.

I must have been the first person to have put these on a Voyager because it was very evident from the beginning

something was wrong. It felt like I bottomed out on small bumps and also the rough ride.

I’m just glad I did not ride to on long like this before digging into what the problem was.

Unfortunately now both shocks have a good crease.

Now the ride is Normal but not really pleased I had to figure this out on my own.

I did not realize the camera was set at 5 meg I’ll have to send another e-mail or two with more pictures.

Thanks John

Old 04-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #58
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvernekaw View Post
I will answer JSOHIO one time on this or any other forum. I have neither the time nor the desire to enter into an internet argument. This is soley for the other members of this forum to hear both sides after his post.
First thing I want to point out regarding the pictures he posted. One of the pictures show a small dent in the chrome around the bottom of the shock. That is the damage. The other picture is where he cut the support prior to welding it back together which is the modification that must be done. This is not the damage done by riding the bike. Apparently the actual damage was not severe enough to gather sufficient internet sympathy so he felt the need to mislead this forums members.
John emailed pictures of the shocks along with his complaint. At the end of this statement is a copy/paste of this exchange. After the email he called to further relay his dissatisfaction. I again thought I spoke to him diplomatically and courteously. I attempted to relay that I wasn't 100% certain the instruction sheet clearly stated this mod must be done to the Voyager and Nomad on the earliest shipments we sent or not. I'm currently waiting to hear back from a few others to confirm if this was the case. If not, clearly that is our fault. I went on to say as the mechanic he had to assume some responsibility as well. The Voyager is the first bike we installed these on and identified this problem in the first couple of seconds. I didn't say this but it is very obvious if you're paying attention. Plus he continued to ride the bike and even had a passenger on when he knew there was some problem. This had to result in an instant metal to metal bottoming sensation. Perhaps even a bang noise when it hit. Eventually I lost the ability to keep the conversation from going downhill and we were both angry when we hung up.
As to my customer service skills. I've been complimented many times over my 23 years in this business for the ability to remain calm so that a resolution can be found. It's rare I have a situation like this that doesn't end with at least a sense of fairness. I'm sorry this is one that probably will not be.
In closing I will address Mr. Steen. If you'd like to remove the kit and return it to me I'll refund 100% of your money including the return freight.
Thank you and sorry to waste your time with this.

E-mail conversation:
John,
I'm sincerely sorry this has happened to you but glad you caught it before any serious damage took place. I copy/pasted the first post from Vulcan Bagger Forums I made on these links back in Nov. 2014. I had thought I was making this clear on a couple of different posts but again, I apologize if I didn't make it clear to you. The Voyager is the first bike we made these links for and saw this problem right away. Our goal is !00% satisfaction. The instructions on all links being sent do state this mod needs to happen. Again, if you bought an early set that didn't clearly state this, I apologize. I'll go back and repeat this again on the forum so that hopefully it will never happen again. I would personally appreciate it if you would'nt try to crucify us on the net. It's very hard to build a positive reputation and easy for one person to destroy it. Have you had a chance to ride the bike with this cleaned up yet? I'll bet you're going to like it much better.
Thank you
Rick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any interest in a rear lowering link for all Vulcan 1700's? We developed one and are considering retailing it. Simple bolt on, no modifications. Installation takes about 10 minutes total on a 1700 Vaquero. Use your factory air shocks for a plush ride. Would come with all hardware and instructions to bolt on. Lowers rear end 3/4". Does'nt sound like much but makes a pretty dramatic difference in seat height feel. I have a 30" inseam and the 1700's feel tall to me. With this link I am flat footed. Drop the forks down in the clamps 5/8" and feels even better. Again, Vaquero requires no modification. 1700 Voyager and Nomad use a different saddlebag and the bag support does require modification to clear the different lower shock mount. We can do that as well and ship new modified supports or you can send yours for an additional charge. Retail price will be in the area of $139 plus $10 shipping in the U.S.

P.S. Don't believe what you read about shorter shocks. They make the ride unbearable for your passenger and harsh for the driver as well.

Rick Reed
Luverne Kawasaki
101 W. Maple St.
Luverne MN. 56156
507-283-1800
Luvernekawasaki.com
----- Original Message -----
To: Luvernekaw@iw.net
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2015 8:04 PM
Subject: Lowering Brackets Voyager

Rick, Here is the problem with the brackets being put on a Voyager.

Reading the VBA apparently all the other riders are putting these on Vaquero,

I am assuming the Vaquero saddle bag brackets are not the same design as the Voyager since

no one has had a problem with them.

I must have been the first person to have put these on a Voyager because it was very evident from the beginning

something was wrong. It felt like I bottomed out on small bumps and also the rough ride.

I’m just glad I did not ride to on long like this before digging into what the problem was.

Unfortunately now both shocks have a good crease.

Now the ride is Normal but not really pleased I had to figure this out on my own.

I did not realize the camera was set at 5 meg I’ll have to send another e-mail or two with more pictures.

Thanks John
It's not an argument, but true. When you sell a product, you have to consider liability because some people will be ignorant at best, idiots at worst. Just the way it is. Part of it is communicating effectively in such a way that CYA is achieved. I supposed there will always be some idiot that doesn't get it, but with something where someone could screw up their bike buy not installing something right, it has to be considered if there is consideration, meaning if money exchanges for a product.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 04-09-2015, 02:05 PM   #59

Who in their right mind would cut their support brackets on a new bike to install this? You would be adding an additional 237.00 to replace the bracket if you decided to remove the kit.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 04-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwyRider View Post
Who in their right mind would cut their support brackets on a new bike to install this? You would be adding an additional 237.00 to replace the bracket if you decided to remove the kit.
I wouldn't think you'd need to change the brackets back?

And my 2c... I remember when this topic first came up, and when Rick first developed the kit. His warnings (on more than just this forum) that the Voyager support brackets would require modification were very loud, and very clear.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Tags
seat, seat height, shocks, tall