Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #46
Advanced Member

How many Nomads out there?

Down at Myrtle Beach for the week. Didn't bring the bike - brought the wife's convertible. I see and HEAR nothing but HDs with the exception of a few metric crotch rockets. Who cares! My wife and I love our Nomad! Even with our "mods" we are no where near as noisy as a typical HD.

"We will pass through the American patrols, past their sonar nets, and lay off their largest city, and listen to their rock and roll... while we conduct missile drills."

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-04-2008, 03:48 AM   #47

Amen.......

Old 06-04-2008, 06:16 AM   #48

Population my town about 23,000. Used to see one other Nomad in town - haven't seen in a long long time. We regularly go to neighboring town of 50,000 - never see a nomad and the Kawadealer there hardly never has a Nomad in the showroom. Asked him about it once - he said doesn't get many and when he does they don't stay around long. But where are these folks taking them that buy them???

I have set outside at the picnic table at the Honda dealer waiting on my hubbie while he is getting his wing serviced. Folks always double take when they walk by my Nomad - stop and look etc, customers and sales folks. As I think it has been said before Kawa just doesn't market the Nomad. That's okay - makes us specail!
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 06-04-2008, 06:26 AM   #49

there are sefveral in So. Fla.-I will go awhile and not see any --then at times I might see 4 or 5 in a day. I think one reason you dont see more is that the dealers dont display them. Dont forget---they make their money on the extras and the Nomad already has most of these.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:35 AM   #50

;) Last Sunday's Bkfst. ride, I counted 6 Nomads in Parking area's + mine & Beezer's 8 total out of about 2,000 bikes which were predominantly Metrics,but Brand wise Hardley's were dominant. Large contingent of Dual Sports. Triumph had a large representation both newer & Antique bikes.

But as has been mentioned, the thing that always amazes me is that there are about 6 Kawi dealers within a 40 mi. radius of my home and I'd be stunned if anyone of them had a Nomad on the Showroom floor. ???

This is my 2nd Nomad & at the time of purchase it was in the create,none on showroom floor. Dealer also sells Yamaha & Honda & I've never been the store where there wasn't a Wing,VTX,Roadstar, or Stratoliner on the floor,whenever I've asked any dealer why they didn't have a Nomad on display the answer was, we sold it. If thats the case why aren't they buyin more?....Duh! ::)
I've always been curious about this? Is the profit margin closer?
Are Inventory's difficult to get? Is the fact that Kawasaki doesn't allicate anything to market this product? ???
The Logic here escapes me? ::) jes my 2cw

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-04-2008, 08:27 AM   #51

I think it is about advertisement or lack there of. We have a population of about 450,000 and the dealership does not have any Nomads on the show room floor. They will order them on purchase and the salesman told me that they have a few on reservation for sale each year.

I've been seeing more Nomads on the roadway and I predict that we will be seeing many more in the future. It is the best motorcycle for the money.

There are only 3 of us in Virginia Beach listed in the KawaNow membership. I stumbled across KawaNow during a search of the net while looking for accessories.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #52

I see plenty here in Lakeland Fl. Although i see twice as many Harleys.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #53

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by machodc
Of the the 4 big Kawa dealers in San Diego, None have a Nomad on the floor... I've spoken to them and they tell me the demand isn't there. I suggested that if they floor one, it may create a demand. I'm sure they're getting right on it! ;)
I'm with you Nico. Last time I went into my dealership, they had the same old black/silver 2007 that's been there for a while. They have several others in stock, but not on the floor. When I went there the first time when I was looking they had that one and a black one. I know...I know... everybody loves the black one... but ya know, COLOR sells too!!! I had to ask for a brochure to see what other colors were available...then ask if they had it in stock.... then have them un-crate it so I could see the color. If all you have in your show room is black bikes, they all tend to run together and look the same after a while!! Change things around... mix in some color with the "black sea" and I'm sure more Nomads will sell!!!

I like being "unique" so to speak...but if they sell more Nomads, then just maybe it won't be so damn hard to find parts for them. Like the Honda VTX....they've got just about as many aftermarket parts for that bike as a Harley!!

Old 06-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #54
Advanced Member

Our dealer is in a small town in MT.Airy NC. Pop. less then 7,000. the Kawasaki Honda dealer there always has a Nomad on the floor and seems to sell them. But I don't see them around town or out and about. So don't know where the buyers are coming from.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:37 PM   #55

Send a message via MSN to scion0

A guy at work liked my 07 so much he went and bought an 08. SO now there are 2 here at work.

Mike
"Scion0"
VBA#: 0097
Former VBA North Central Asst Regional Leader
St Jude Rides Peoria to Memphis Rider
Retired MSgt, USAF (1979 -99)
"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!"
Current ride: 2012 H-D Ultra FLHTCU (Black)
Past ride: 2007 Black Nomad

Old 06-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #56

This a picture of the original two colors that were sold, mine is the red one. We just happened to pull in next to each other at the same time in St. Augustine on Memorial Day.

My wife and I see an occasional Nomad, but sadly, not that many.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD