Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Images & Video

Old 07-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #61
Top Contributor

How does the invention of a word degenerate society? Now that I've invented the word snec, does this mean I've assisted in degenerating society even more? Get real. If the 3 year old says, "May I have a f***ing cookie, please?", it's really no big deal. If he/she says, "Give me my f***ing cookie, now!", that's different. If you see your buddy and say, "Hey! How the f*** ya doin'?!", it's fine. If you tell someone to f*** off, that's different.

Here's another example then I'm done with the topic. Do you go to church EVERY SINGLE week without fail? (This isn't a religious topic.) If you don't, your forefathers (from 200 years ago) would think that you've degenerated society because THEIR morals told them that they would go to church every week, no matter what. Period.

One last time, it's all about how the word is used.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #62

I guess there's nothing you can do if a person is ok with living without any standards. It's not how I'd choose to surround myself ..If its ok for a three year old to talk like that,what can I say. Why does it make it different just because he said" now". It's not right either way.

Has nothing to do with church.
If you re read what was written,it actually proves my point. It's not the invention of the word,it's the use of it.
And our fore fathers would be correct if you look around,,the lack of moral authority has degenerated our society. Nobody cares about anyone but themselves.

Last edited by Jgrazjgraz; 07-29-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #63

Has anyone ever stopped next to a school bus full of students?
Have you heard the crap that comes out of the windows?the cursing ,the bullying,the fighting ,even abusing the adults,,as in the case of that woman bus driver who was verbally abused. This is our future generation. God help us and the generation that comes from that one.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrazjgraz View Post
Has anyone ever stopped next to a school bus full of students?
Have you heard the crap that comes out of the windows?the cursing ,the bullying,the fighting ,even abusing the adults,,as in the case of that woman bus driver who was verbally abused. This is our future generation. God help us and the generation that comes from that one.
I work in a school, and its disgusting the way the kids talk nowadays, but thats because there is no accountability, and they know that there are no repercussions.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 07-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
I work in a school, and its disgusting the way the kids talk nowadays, but thats because there is no accountability, and they know that there are no repercussions.
Exactly!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #66

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Seriously, I'm the least qualified "Mr. Manners" one to lecture where, when, or if it's time to talk nasty. Motorcyclist have a bad image in the first place. No offence to the first guy who posted, but I've noticed folks who post a sign like that on their "any vehicle" are the last ones to score. Beside that it looks stoopid. I'll give you the fact that there are some out there that will take you up on it, but I don't think you gonna be a bragging about 'em. Another thing, it might be illegal to have it in some places, and if it isn't Johny Law Dawg lives there along with his wife,grandma, and daughter, and he might not like it.

If a "Girl Law Dawg" see's it,,,,,,I think your ass has had it!

Of course, maybe the sign was for the post and maybe it was for riding around Sturgis at the rally, and he's gonna take it off later.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 07-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #67
Sr. Contributor

It depends on where you live/are from. F*ck isn't a big deal in the big apple (if not a customary greeting), but when I lived in Iowa, cursing in public was much less. It's probably somewhere in between in AZ. Unless someone says FU to me, I am not too worried.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 07-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #68

It's getting so bad that I think in some states,they're actually banning it in public. I forget which ones. It's pretty bad when F U becomes the customary greeting. Lol.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #69

Found it

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/rhode_show/t...-bans-swearing

Old 07-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #70
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrazjgraz View Post
It's getting so bad that I think in some states,they're actually banning it in public. I forget which ones. It's pretty bad when F U becomes the customary greeting. Lol.
May be you should move there...
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 07-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #71
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
Having worked in education, I'd have to say it stems from too much estrogen. Where I worked, it was 90% women. It's not what you say, but how you say it that matters. Just saying as they say.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 07-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
How does the invention of a word degenerate society? Now that I've invented the word snec, does this mean I've assisted in degenerating society even more? Get real. If the 3 year old says, "May I have a f***ing cookie, please?", it's really no big deal. If he/she says, "Give me my f***ing cookie, now!", that's different. If you see your buddy and say, "Hey! How the f*** ya doin'?!", it's fine. If you tell someone to f*** off, that's different.

Here's another example then I'm done with the topic. Do you go to church EVERY SINGLE week without fail? (This isn't a religious topic.) If you don't, your forefathers (from 200 years ago) would think that you've degenerated society because THEIR morals told them that they would go to church every week, no matter what. Period.

One last time, it's all about how the word is used.
Your last line just proved what everyone has been saying and it conradicts what you said earlier. "Get over it, guys. Once again, IT'S JUST A WORD."
TC wins.

Yoda
VBA #01311
SCRC Chapter 289
07 Nomad

Old 07-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #73

TC wins all the time!
The poor guy posted a hello, then a picture of his ride, TC cussed him out and we ain't seen him since!

Usually he looks for the good in all things in people. Don't know what happen here.

What if you were in some desolate part of the country with a broke down (fucked) bike, had to walk in the sun forty miles to get help when crocopzmaj rides by on the ghostrider?

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 07-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
TC wins all the time!
The poor guy posted a hello, then a picture of his ride, TC cussed him out and we ain't seen him since!
I don't know why that guy left the forum. I can't even remember what was said now but I can vaguely remember being incorrectly blamed for it.

Usually he looks for the good in all things in people. Don't know what happen here.
I just can't find good in someone who is ill mannered enough to use disgustingly foul language in a public place.

What if you were in some desolate part of the country with a broke down (messed up) bike, had to walk in the sun forty miles to get help when crocopzmaj rides by on the ghostrider?
I would not have a choice in the matter. There is no way I'm going to do what his sign says so I will continue on my 40 mile walk.

Last edited by Top Cat; 07-29-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post

It's 'cause of you that so many left, and 'cause of you the reason I stay!

You kill me!

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad