Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 01-03-2016, 01:10 AM   #76

Thanks Ken And Randy for the info.
VBA #01416
2012 Vaquero SE Candy-Lime Green/Black
aka "T'Kehla"
2005 Nomad 1600 Black/Silver
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

"Life isn't a race; no one gets out alive. May as well slow down and enjoy the ride."

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-22-2016, 11:59 PM   #77

What do these cost ?

Old 01-24-2016, 09:27 AM   #78

Last year I updated my stereo system with a 300w Clarion amp and Polk 5-1/4" speakers after reading the article by Fried Chicken Blowout. It made a big difference in the volume and sound of the system. After seeing these adapters with the round style speakers I decided to go to the next level. Received my adapters on Friday, and installed them yesterday along with new Polk db651
6-1/2" speakers. Love the looks and the added volume with the bigger speakers is awesome!! If they can't here me coming now, their definitely deaf! These babies rock. A big shout out to Ohio Voyager for his creativity. You're making a lot of bikers very happy.

Last edited by Ponitail; 05-14-2022 at 08:03 AM.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:25 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
I have exactly the same, just waiting for a buddy to go pick up the mounts in Ogdensburg and then will have them mounted, how do they sound compared to what you had on before, and did you get the ones with the LED lighting as I did? I plan on hooking up the blue
The Kickers sound great. With the Rockford Fosgate amp driving them, I can really hear it now. More depth. Still not a thumper but much better than the 5 1/4 Polks I had in there.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:35 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioVoyager View Post
Some guys have used non-marine grade speakers. I believe the speakers BrucerZX14 (OP) used are non-marine grade. He figures even if they corrode or otherwise get destroyed he'll just spend another $70 in a few years for a new set.

I agree, though, that not sticking to marine-grade opens up the options dramatically! However, it also opens up to a plethora of mounting screw options and I don't know that all of them will fit the adapter's mounting hole locations! :)
My Kicker 6 3/4 inch speakers use the same mount holes. BTW...I have a Voyager. Not a Vaquero. Hehe!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-24-2016, 03:39 PM   #81
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponitail View Post
Last year I updated my stereo system with a 300w Clarion amp and Polk 5-1/4" speakers after reading the article by Fried Chicken Blowout. It made a big difference in the volume and sound of the system. After seeing these adapters with the round style speakers I decided to go to the next level. Received my adapters on Friday, and installed them yesterday along with new Polk db651
6-1/2" speakers. Love the looks and the added volume with the bigger speakers is awesome!! If they can't here me coming now, their definitely deaf! These babies rock. A big shout out to Ohio Voyager for his creativity. You're making a lot of bikers very happy.

I am super happy with my 6.5 Db651 speakers. I painted my grills satin black though. I thought the silver grills threw off the color scheme of my Vaquero.

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:25 PM   #82

Speakers

Well let me start by saying sorry for all the posting today , but Just got my bike yesterday and love all the things I can do with it . I am gonna order the adapters this coming week and I wanna go with the Infinity speakers. The problem is I have searched all over and I found the M612 but can't find anywhere that sells the LED ones. Sorry if it's a dumb question can some post a link

Old 01-25-2016, 08:55 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thule View Post
Well let me start by saying sorry for all the posting today , but Just got my bike yesterday and love all the things I can do with it . I am gonna order the adapters this coming week and I wanna go with the Infinity speakers. The problem is I have searched all over and I found the M612 but can't find anywhere that sells the LED ones. Sorry if it's a dumb question can some post a link
I got my Kicker 6.25 LED from Cruickshank (spelling). You may want to try them
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Old 03-26-2016, 09:47 AM   #84

I joined the crowd!!!

I have made the switch from the stock size speakers to Randy's adapters and Kicker LED speakers.

But I went in a little different direction as most have done.

Over the last week and a half I performed he sanding and fitting of the adapters. I had ordered all the required primer/basecoat/top coat/clear coat from Color Rite so I could have the adapters and speaker grills match my skoot. Well match as well as can be with no experience with 2 stage painting at all and with rattle can!

I went with Kicker speakers with the red LED lites, look real cool and adds a touch of...

Added some chrome caps to cover the screws...

With all the lites turned off in the shop, looks kinda neat...

Gonna ride later today and tonite so I am anxious to say the least.

RACNRAY

Old 03-26-2016, 10:15 AM   #85

Ray u da man!

Looks great! Wish they'd of had the JL's with the green l.e.d. They only had blue :( And the Color Rite match looks seamless! I was going to p.m. you let you know that I too was working on a project using the Color Rite paint. It turned out helluva lot better than I expected!!

Truck-Lite LED Headlight - LED Fog Lights
Kawi Pass Floor Boards - Luverne Lowering Links
JLAudio 280/4 AMP
6.5 Speaker Adapters - JLAudio 6.5 -
JLAudio SUB
CD MagicFlex Accent Lights

Old 03-26-2016, 10:54 AM   #86
Advanced Member

Ray thats looks good man! I like the pinstriping on your glove box doors too,
a regular Von Dutch HUH!

Old 03-26-2016, 11:04 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3po View Post
Looks great! Wish they'd of had the JL's with the green l.e.d. They only had blue :( And the Color Rite match looks seamless! I was going to p.m. you let you know that I too was working on a project using the Color Rite paint. It turned out helluva lot better than I expected!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbagger View Post
Ray thats looks good man! I like the pinstriping on your glove box doors too,
a regular Von Dutch HUH!
THANX GUYS....I had the skoot pinstriped for its 3 year birthday. A guy comes out to Café 27 on Sundays and pinstripes while you watch and wait...

Kawi gave us a blank canvas to "make it our own", and we seem to do just that!!!

RACNRAY

Old 03-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #88

Looks great Ray, I'll bet they sound sweet. Yeah those pin stripes definitely take the looks up a few notches.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post

I went with Kicker speakers with the red LED lites, look real cool and adds a touch of...Gonna ride later today and tonite so I am anxious to say the least.

RACNRAY
Ray, looks AWESOME!
Also, give us the report on how they sound!

Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Old 04-05-2016, 11:08 AM   #90

[QUOTE=RACNRAY;654736]I have made the switch from the stock size speakers to Randy's adapters and Kicker LED speakers.

But I went in a little different direction as most have done.

Over the last week and a half I performed he sanding and fitting of the adapters. I had ordered all the required primer/basecoat/top coat/clear coat from Color Rite so I could have the adapters and speaker grills match my skoot. Well match as well as can be with no experience with 2 stage painting at all and with rattle can!

I went with Kicker speakers with the red LED lites, look real cool and adds a touch of...

Those adapters and speakers matching the color of the Vaq is awesome! Looks like it should have been built this way to begin with (but I'm kinda glad it wasn't, lol)!!