Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #76

*** Do we want passwords on riding groups?? **

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW
No need to get feathers ruffled. Matt was joking, and obviously so, regarding posting of cell numbers on an open board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomk
How in the world can someone that has no involvement whatsoever, in our board say something like that? Maybe it's time to leave? That's why Hooligans riding forum was started in the first place - right?
The "How in the world" is that it was made in a Poll thread in an open forum of which the speaker is a member just like you and I. The poll was not specific to the Hooligans, but your statement of "Maybe it's time to leave? That's why Hooligans was started in the first place-right?" seems to indicate that some west coasters are unhappy with this board and want to do their own thing, which y'all are certainly free to do. But I could be wrong about that and might have misinterpreted your statement just as you misinterpreted Matt's.
LW, SoCal Hooligans is strictly a local Riding Club. if you visit there you'll see links to KawaNOW all over it. I am the CPD of KawaNOW and only formed SoCal Hooligans with Trip's knowledge and endorsement, so local non-Nomad owners I ride with can communicate with each other on a web forum and post ride info.
My #1 loyalty is to KawaNOW which is a web-based Kawasaki Nomad Owners Group.

Regarding Tomk, he wasn't himself last night and overreacted to something that he misinterpreted to begin with. Jussmatt is one of the coolest dudes on KawaNOW and I know he's a big enough guy to understand the situation. I hope we can all let this go and take it for what it was....

Nico

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #77

[quote author=dantama board=general thread=5043 post=93612 time=1215694540]Post of the day for Just Matt

No self-righteous indignation, no martyr talk, not passive aggressive, just a well reasoned and thought out response to an uncalled for slam.

Good on ya Matt. [/quote

+1

Old 07-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #78
Top Contributor

Well done Matt! You're momma would be so proud. Hang on, I'll wake her up.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 07-10-2008, 09:39 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB,voices tell me evil things
That, my friend... ain't right!!

Old 07-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #80

Send a message via MSN to ianicky

100% behind you Matt

I think Trip needs to start handing the pills out ;)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
I didn't read all 4 pages, so don't know what has been said that might have changed my mind, but I like the passwords. My computer remembers the password and I don't have to remember it, so that's not a big deal.

I like having it on the group I go to because it keeps it tidy and on topic. I look and see how many posts there are, and I know when a new one comes. When a new one comes I go and read it. It is always on topic and has to do with a ride in our group area. I like that.

Without a password, it would become a bunch of funny shout outs from other members from other areas to members in this area etc.

I like knowing that when a new post shows up, it's about a ride in our area, not a funny picture from someone across the country to a member in our area.

It appears that I'm way in the minority on this poll, but that what I like about a password.
Dan,
You make several very good points that I hadn't thought about when voting for no password. After reading your post, I agree with you, I do like the ability to visit a thread that has only information pertaining to the topic without having to scroll through a bunch of non related stuff. I'd change my vote if I could.
Even knowing it wouldn't change anything more than my doing what I believed was right. And to me that does matter. ;)
Just goes to show how action without enough thought can cause regret. ::)

I think the Ole-Timers used to say "Put yer mind in gear ah for ya put yer body in motion" ::) They had some good say-ins. ;)

Old 07-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #82

Matt,
Yer definately a streight shooter! ;)
Shucks yer handle say's it "Jess Matt".

Regardless... People just need to check their egos at the door..................WELL SAID! & WELL DONE!

Old 07-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #83

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt

Quote:
Dude....that's just wrong! Even more so since my Mom's in Heaven... that means you got punked dude!!! Who ever that woman is at your house fooled you bad!!! LOL! I hope you didn't loan her any money!!

Old 07-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #84

I was going to drop the whole remark subject...but I felt the need to clear the air right quick...specially since some actions that have taken place might have caused some confusion...

It would seem that Tomk had an 'off' night last night. I've come to enjoy reading his posts on here since he's joined and can only assume he's a good guy since he keeps some pretty good company.... Yea...talking about the Hooligans!! LOL!....

Anyway...we've all said and some some things we weren't overly proud of and wish we could take back. Tom sent me an apology letter this morning...then (although I can only guess from here) deleted his post and canceled his ID. This is the FURTHEST thing I would want to happen. As I said earlier...I'm here to promote KawaNow...and in my eyes, we can't do that by loosing good people!! For those who know Tom personally...tell him to get his big keister back here!!

Water off a ducks butt is my philosophy. Focus on the good... forget the bad!! Not everybody will agree with each other all the time. That's life. We won't all agree with decisions Trip makes. That's life. We've all know "Life Ain't Fair"!! Let's just not loose sight of the real reason why we're ALL here.... Nomads!! Love'm, Ride'm, Walk'em, Talk'em!!!

I would like to finish by thanking all you guys for your support comments on here....To me...that just shows people's character. Now...let's all use that same character to get one of our Members back....and just let this crap die!!

Old 07-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussMatt
I was going to drop the whole remark subject...but I felt the need to clear the air right quick...specially since some actions that have taken place might have caused some confusion...

It would seem that Tomk had an 'off' night last night. I've come to enjoy reading his posts on here since he's joined and can only assume he's a good guy since he keeps some pretty good company.... Yea...talking about the Hooligans!! LOL!....

Anyway...we've all said and some some things we weren't overly proud of and wish we could take back. Tom sent me an apology letter this morning...then (although I can only guess from here) deleted his post and canceled his ID. This is the FURTHEST thing I would want to happen. As I said earlier...I'm here to promote KawaNow...and in my eyes, we can't do that by loosing good people!! For those who know Tom personally...tell him to get his big keister back here!!

Water off a ducks butt is my philosophy. Focus on the good... forget the bad!! Not everybody will agree with each other all the time. That's life. We won't all agree with decisions Trip makes. That's life. We've all know "Life Ain't Fair"!! Let's just not loose sight of the real reason why we're ALL here.... Nomads!! Love'm, Ride'm, Walk'em, Talk'em!!!

I would like to finish by thanking all you guys for your support comments on here....To me...that just shows people's character. Now...let's all use that same character to get one of our Members back....and just let this crap die!!

Matt,

I've always felt you were a stand up guy..... this just confirms it!

I have the utmost respect for ya, buddy. Hope to meet you in person one day soon!

Nico

Old 07-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #86
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Your a class act Matt. Hope all is good in your neck of the woods. Tom?........gosh...I don't have the words for why he got like that....nothing I said to him last night got past his inebriation.

I know I'll hear from him soon.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by machodc

Matt,

I've always felt you were a stand up guy..... this just confirms it!

I have the utmost respect for ya, buddy. Hope to meet you in person one day soon!

Nico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
Your a class act Matt. Hope all is good in your neck of the woods. Tom?........gosh...I don't have the words for why he got like that....nothing I said to him last night got past his inebriation.

I know I'll hear from him soon.

Guys...I've come to think of us as a Family here.... We have our fusses...but we move on...cause we're still Family!! I look forward to the day when we can ride together!!

Old 07-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #88
Top Contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Dude....that's just wrong! Even more so since my Mom's in Heaven... that means you got punked dude!!! Who ever that woman is at your house fooled you bad!!! LOL! I hope you didn't loan her any money!!
Not? Aw hell no! Let me look.....urp! Gotta go! I don't feel so good.
Last night she said she was an angel, and this morning she looks like hell! Damn that whiskey! Looks like you were right dude, sorry about that.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 07-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #89
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
... ALLLLL of that being said...I still try and promote the KawaNow site with viger...and to be honest, I'll ask EACH & EVERY ONE of the current members a question.... Would you want this thread, or some of the others that have been created lately, to be the first one seen by a new member who you recommended this site to??? I'm here to promote KawaNow and enjoy the camaraderie.... I'll do my part.... the rest is up to each of us respectively!!

Enough Said!!
Exactly. I said this myself the other day. Folks, we may be buddies and sometimes the BS gets a little deep in here, but someone new to the scene may not realize that.

I think we all (yes, I'm guilty too) need to be mindful of this when posting. Maybe we should ask our intrepid leader for a debate forum where people can take their heated discussions and leave the technical/travel/vendor/general/safety forums for Nomad or at least motorcycle-related stuff?

Differences of opinion exist whenever there's 2 or more people involved. Discussion and debate isn't inherently bad, in the right place. I'm not saying we need to all hold hands and sing Kumbaya, but some of these threads lately are downright embarrassing.

I refer people to this site all the time, and so do many others. What kind of first impression are these guests forming? Maybe we need moderators to keep things at least "closer" to being on-topic? I don't know. Anybody else have any ideas?

Let's continue to make KawaNOW the resource for Nomad enthusiasts, and leave the bickering and tantrums on the playground.

Don't make me get out of this chair....
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 07-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #90

Get up and hand me a beer!