Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 03-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #106

Reckless motorcycle fairings w/KawaNOW discoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadtom69
Sold my old bmw today I guess I will go to Reckless tommorow and try to do some dealing with Alex
CONGRATES Tom, you're going to love the fairing
2012 Ebony Black Kawasaski Concours 14

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #107

Send a message via Yahoo to txtimberwolf

Went to check on my faring order yesterday and found it was still pending. Called to find out what was going on and the lady on the phone said she was so sorry, normally it would have been done by now but this is Bike Week in Daytona and everyone is there. I should have it sometime late next week or the week after. grrrrrrr

Old 03-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #108

I guess it was just pure luck that I ordered mine 2 weeks before Daytona. It only took 8 days for it to get here,but I only got the fairing.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #109

Send a message via Yahoo to txtimberwolf

Ok This is day #20 since i placed my faring order and it is still pending. Called last Tuesday and was told it would be shipped by Friday, yesterday called again was supposed to be shipped then. Still nothing I am starting to think I should have gone with another supplier. I understand they were at Bike Week and all but come on if you bill my credit card and receive payment ship it when you say you are going to.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #110

Well it looks like you can get it cheaper on ebay than you can using the discount from here.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #111

Well I puchased the fairing with 6x9 speaker cutouts. I really hope the quality of the product out weighs the customer service. I purchased the fairing off of ebay June 14, and have emailed and called with no response regarding shipping. Right now I dont think I would recommend this company.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badnomad
Well I puchased the fairing with 6x9 speaker cutouts. I really hope the quality of the product out weighs the customer service. I purchased the fairing off of ebay June 14, and have emailed and called with no response regarding shipping. Right now I dont think I would recommend this company.
Alex used to call back the same day or 2/3 days.. he is a small shop and busy,BUT he should find time to answer e mails...SHipping on avg.2 weeks + or -.. You will like it as will your painter. VERY LITTLE prep work needed for paint.. The windshield is cut by Alex and is OK But the after market is better. Fit and finish is good alot of bag for the buck
Just my 2 cents

Rich

Old 06-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #113

Quote:
Well it looks like you can get it cheaper on ebay than you can using the discount from here.
That is true you can but Cheaper on e-bay but how many times do you think he will give away a fairing on E-bay he just gave one away at our national rally, some times buying it cheaper is not always the best way out, of over 300 fairings bought in the last 2 years by people on Kawanow I have only heard of 2 problems and both were taken care of by Alex and I would expect him to give better service to a group than he would someone on E-Bay I have one of the first ones made for the Nomad and am still very happy with it.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbikers
Quote:
That is true you can but Cheaper on e-bay but how many times do you think he will give away a fairing on E-bay he just gave one away at our national rally, some times buying it cheaper is not always the best way out, of over 300 fairings bought in the last 2 years by people on Kawanow I have only heard of 2 problems and both were taken care of by Alex and I would expect him to give better service to a group than he would someone on E-Bay I have one of the first ones made for the Nomad and am still very happy with it.
Jim Very well said.. I am also VERY happy with my Reckless,,I know when he got busy his reply time was slow,, But a small shop that does happen,, BUT A e mail reply from someone in the shop would save some grief.... Would I buy from Reckless (Alex) again? YES and I would still reccomend him anyday and IMO ALOT of bang for the buck.. I ment to ask you if Alex went to Maggie Valley. I would like to shake his hand as well as your s :) Did KawaNOW buy that many fairings? WOW Wish I could have made Maggie Valley But next time .
Who won the fairing?
Ride Safe

Old 06-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #115

I won the fairing!! When I get it, both the fairing and my lowers that I won last year will be off to the painter :) Happy Dance!
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 06-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #116

Rich Alex was not able to make the rally his parents were in town so he just told me to give it away and I don't believe anyone could have been happier than CoachA was

Old 06-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachA
I won the fairing!! When I get it, both the fairing and my lowers that I won last year will be off to the painter :) Happy Dance!
Congrats Coach, Will you buy me a Lottery ticket ? LOL

Old 06-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbikers
Rich Alex was not able to make the rally his parents were in town so he just told me to give it away and I don't believe anyone could have been happier than CoachA was
Jim, Sounds like hes a lucky son of a gun LOL. Bummer Alex couldnt make it. Man KawaNOW purchased alot of Fairings from him

Old 06-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #119

I am really happy with my Reckless Fairing. It had a couple issues when I installed it. There was a gap along the outer egde of the windshield. I had to shim The fairing to align it properly.
All in all I believe you cant beat this product. For the money you cant go wrong.
You can check out a few pics if you want.

http://s1022.photobucket.com/albums/...rdrivesalot72/

Old 06-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #120

Question about radios. What radio did you guys use? I love my Sirius radio running through the headsets for the J&M but would like to put the radio in the fairing. Did you have to cut out the openings and such? How difficult will it be to add switches for lights or accessories?
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD