Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2023, 03:09 PM   #1

Small coolant leak AFTER motor is shut off?

Just replaced my radiator & only rode a few times so far. No leaks when parked or running or immediately after shutting off. However, after a few minutes, 5 or so it leaks maybe a teaspoon of coolant from the front left bottom of the radiator.

Hard to see where exactly its leaking from so will try leaving the bike straight up on stands & maybe I can get a better look at where its coming from.

I have read about a water pump weep hose, someone told me theirs did the same and leaked in the front & had to replace the water pump seal and it stopped leaking. If that is the case, where would I find that vent hose?

If I can't locate where the leak is originating, I will remove the new radiator & have it tested and if bad I will just have them test and see if they can repair my orig radiator.

Its a 06 1600 with 64k so need to replace all the hoses anyway. Any ideas on what would cause a leak AFTER the motor is shut off & not while running?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
coolant, leak, radiator, water pump