Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 08-26-2008, 07:17 AM   #1

Venture trunk and rack for sale

Hi All,

I have a Venture trunk and the Wompus or Scootworks rack (I'm not sure which is which) for sale. I had it on my 2003 Nomad and the bike has been sold and the new owner didn't want to buy that setup. It is painted the 2001 nomad red but it was close enough for me so I just left it the same color. The previous owner had epoxyed the inside corners to strengthen the trunk as that was the weaker spots of those trunks. The bottom cover covers the bottom so you can't see the corners. It also has the chrome rack on top of the trunk as well as the license relocation kit. We have used it for the summer trip and have been pleased with it but we don't need it anymore as we don't own the bike and this winter I was going to sand it down and repair any minor flaws that would show up and repaint it to match my bike. I'm asking $300+shipping for the combo but offers will be entertained. Let me know any questions you may have and I will answer them as quickly as possible. Winter is coming and this would be a project to pass your time for your bike. Look forward to the responses. My home e-mail is tbmmbt@vci.net

Thanks

Butch

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-26-2008, 08:47 AM   #2

pm sent

Old 08-27-2008, 06:56 AM   #3

sent you a message

Old 08-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #4

Hi Guys,

Both items are still available. Had some interest but nothing firm. Let me know. The trunk can be a winter project for paint.

Butch

Old 08-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #5
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to Blue Rebel

Can you please attach some pictures?

Thanks,

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-30-2008, 12:43 AM   #6

I don't know how to put photos on my original post. If you can tell me how I will. The trunk and rack are still for sale. I delivered the bike to the new owner today and he seemed happy with his purchase of the bike. If anyone wants to but the items at a fair price let me know.

Thanks
Butch

Old 08-30-2008, 07:02 AM   #7
Top Contributor

for a 1500 right?

Old 08-30-2008, 07:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmmbt
I don't know how to put photos on my original post. If you can tell me how I will. The trunk and rack are still for sale. I delivered the bike to the new owner today and he seemed happy with his purchase of the bike. If anyone wants to but the items at a fair price let me know.

Thanks
Butch
You have to have a photobucket account or similar, and put the pictures on there, then you copy and paste them to your post on this board. It seems a bit intimidating the first time you try it, but its really very easy to do once youve done it.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 08-30-2008, 05:13 PM   #9

Thanks Ringadingh,

We are on dial-up and anything we deal with when it comes to pictures on photobucket or something simular takes absolutely forever. Sometimes it just cuts us off so that is the reason for not putting any pictures on here but I can send some if anybody would a couple. Thanks for the info though.

Butch

Old 08-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #10

Hi beezer,

Yes I had the rack and trunk mounted on a 1500 Nomad. I am not beyond separating the trunk and rack as I have had people interested in the rack and one guy wanting info about only the trunk. Anyone interested in seeing what the trunk looks like they can go to the vroc.org/classifieds and I have a ad "Venture trunk and rack for sale (WITH PICTURE) " and see. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks
Butch

Old 08-30-2008, 06:27 PM   #11
Top Contributor

what year is the trunk? from a what year Yamaha Venture is what I mean?

Old 08-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #12

The man I bought the trunk from said it was a 84 trunk. I don't know how to tell for sure but it is the style for those years. Also kawgirl bought those speakers from me so I can't sell them to you. Let me know your thoughts about the trunk.

Thanks
Butch

Old 08-30-2008, 09:31 PM   #13

Looks like an 84 in the picture. That year Venture trunk looks awesome on a Nomad. The best IMO. :)

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 08-31-2008, 09:38 AM   #14

I agree with you about the way it looks on the Nomad. The Venture trunk has the rounded type edges that to me match the round of the Nomad bags as well as the curve of the design of the tank. There are those that like the squared edge look on their Nomads and thats OK also but there isn't much if anything square edge on those bikes so that is why I went looking for the older Venture trunk to put on our Nomad. We were very pleased with the Venture trunk as a whole. The newer Ventures have a trunk on them as well but those trunks are if I were to guess the third of the thickness as the older Venture trunks are. To me that would mean stronger but I'm not sure.

I had someone from here offer me $200 for the combo. Well the rack cost I believe $255 and to buy new and a trunk that is not beat all to h@#l cost almost $200 so that is why I thought the $300 would be a good place to start. There are some who want you to give your stuff away but if the shoe was on their feet they would want a fair price for what they are trying to sell. I feel I started at a fair price and I am not beyond taking less or splitting the 2 items up but I am not going to be screwed either. When I bought the rack and trunk I paid what the 2 guys were asking because it was fair. If someone wants to put either of these things on their bike let me know and we will work something out and if noone wants either of the things then I will keep them. They are paid for and are not costing me anything for them to sit in my garage but someone will want to do the same thing to their bike as countless others have done so if anyone is interesed let me know.

Thanks
Butch

Old 08-31-2008, 09:53 AM   #15

$300 is a great price. If I didn't already have a trunk I would jump on it.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad